Do you think a haptic Touch Bar is in the next iteration?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yr Blues, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

I bought the new MBP without Touch Bar feeling that it might be too soon to jump on the bleeding edge. Haptic Touch Bar could win me over, though.

2. Ma2k5 macrumors 6502a

Ma2k5

I think some form of feedback mechanism is likely to be on the card. The other improvements I am expecting to see is making it brighter, and perhaps, higher DPI.

Design wise, it might help them to increase the distance between the touch bar and the top row of the keyboard, as there isn't really a need for them to be that close to each other - it just makes it very easy to accidentally use the touch bar (it would be different if it was a set of keys, as they are much harder to accidentally press...). I'd also like to think that they would make the display of the touch bar go right to the left edge, so things like 'esc' look like they are in the natural position - I am aware that clicking right on the left side will still register as an 'esc', it was more of a design thing.

3. FrozenDarkness macrumors 65816

I have a hard time believing they can create haptic feedback that makes sense this year at least. Just seems like to span the entire length of the keyboard, you would need to give up a lot of space for very little gain.

I think higher DPI, might be a possibility, but I think the touchbar just needs software improvements and buyin from vendors. I do agree that the escape bothers me that it doesn't go all the way to the left. Tbh, I woudl be happy if they just made a separated key just for escape that also has an oled screen on it. I need escape to have feedback

4. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

Is the Touch Bar not Retina resolution?

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Im pretty sure the touch bar has the same PPI as the screen.

6. Dave245 macrumors 601

It would make sense, especially for those people who like to know that they have pressed a button or tapped on something, getting some sort of feedback may satisfy that for them. Personally i do think Apple will add more support for the Touch bar later this year with the next version of MacOs, what they will do i'm not sure.

7. ZapNZs macrumors 68000

ZapNZs

I hope not. I see the advertising campaign now.

Who really needs a car anyway:
    The New MacBook Pro 15, featuring Touch Bar w/ Hepatic Feedback (starting at $27,995)

(we accept newborns as down payments)

8. Sanpete macrumors 68020

Hepatic feedback would require quite a painful dongle!