do you think a jailbreak still leave files behind after a restore in the root folder?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by beastmode16, Jun 5, 2012.

1. beastmode16 macrumors regular

I know that if you restore your iphone ipod ipad ect or whatever that you have jailbroken that apple will replace it with a another if you run into a problem with your device however i am wondering if there are any evidence if the jailbreak files are still left behind in the files system? As one time my iphone would not activate after a restore from a jailbreak before taking it to the apple store. so they took it to the back and ran some diagnostics for about 15 minuets said they couldn't find out what was wrong and replaced my phone. Do you think that when they ran diagnostics that there is a possible chance that files could be left behind from the jailbreak? i am just wondering and i thought i would tell you guys the store of what made me so curious about it.

2. maturola, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If you do a clean (meaning from DFU or *Recovery mode) restore and don't restore your phone backup, then no, there is not files left, iphone will look just like the day it came out of the factory.

if you do an upgrade or restore your backup them yes, lot of file will be "left" in there even if you are no jailbroken.

3. beastmode16 thread starter macrumors regular

what do you mean by restore mode? click the restore button in itunes??

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

No, I ment to say Recovery mode,,,no Restore.

You can google/Youtube for a step by step on how to put the Phone into those modes if needed.

5. beastmode16 thread starter macrumors regular

ohh i know how to go into recovery mpde that is easy. so your saying that there was evidence left behind when i took it to apple since all i did was hit the restore button in itunes?