Do you think Antennagate stole spotlight from Proximity Sensor problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zub3qin, Jul 18, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

The proximity sensor problem appears to be far bigger of a deal than the antenna. Apple Support forums have more posts about the sensor than any other issue with iPhone 4. In fact, they had to close the thread on Apple.com due to too many posts---

Of all the people I know with iPhone 4, none have an antenna issue. But all have issues with the prox sensor.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Antennagate stole the spotlight from the proximity sensor issue, the retina display, FaceTime, 5MP camera, 720p video recording, gyroscope, A4 processor, thinner design, longer battery life, etc...

yes, I agree with you.

3. andy9l macrumors 68000

I believe that it's been accepted as a software fixable issue, as opposed to a design flaw.

I've never experienced it, but I'm sure it exists on my phone - after-all, mine is no different from yours. I wish people would accept that about the antenna issue...

4. pollster25 macrumors newbie

prox sensor issue

I am using speaker phone on calls and blue tooth in auto to avoid phone losing calls or redailing a contact as my face touches screen. This phone ant ready for prime time! I thought Apple was the greatest until the "ordering the IPhone 4" day disaster> Now this phone has problems - please do not tell me is doesn't. At local Apple store they acknowledge sensor problem. I have owned every IPhone and could not wait for next one - if these phones cost me $700 - so what I paid it - in fact, paid for two of them as each new model arrives - as my wife also has one! I thought Apple was the greatest - not anymore!

5. cirial macrumors regular

No because they are working on it. All they need to do is increase the value in which the sensor "sees" something obscuring it thus turning off the screen.

6. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The proximity sensor problem does not appear to be the same type of fatal hardware flaw that the reception problem is. Therefore it doesn't deserve the same coverage.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

No b/c Jobs acknowledged it and said a fix is in the works.