Do you think anyone at Apple reads this forum?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ryallen, Aug 16, 2013.

1. ryallen macrumors newbie

Because if they did, I'm sure they'd have some ideas to give us all what we want... and they'd see how frustrating and disappointing the delay of new Pros is for so many of us.

2. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

You could send an email to Tim Cook...

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There are probably some people from Apple who read it, I'm sure they somewhat want to see the reactions that people have to their products. But I'm sure they know from other sources that people want the new mac pros as soon as possible.

4. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

We represent a small microcosm of the vast Apple community. I seriously doubt Apple takes anything seriously here. If anything... with all the pom-pom waving here at times this place can give readers a false sense that everything is just hunky-dory in AppleLand.

5. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

Probably none of the Presidents or Senior vice presidents, if thats what you were wondering.

But I'm sure there are a few apple employees that actually are members here that read what we put :p

6. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

7. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Yes. My real name is Tim Cook. I come on here to find out what the real fanboys want!

8. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Would you prefer they release an unfinished product? I really don't understand the mentality of people who get their panties in a twist because Apple didn't release a product based on their schedule.

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

In the greater scheme of things, MR really isn't representative of the entire Apple customer base, but yes, I'm sure that some Apple employees do read the boards here, and others as well, but as for pandering to the whims of us mere mortals here? Not going to make a huge difference I don't think!

10. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

11. Hildegerd macrumors regular

Hildegerd

12. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

How do you know that with any level of certainty?

13. mslide macrumors 6502a

Probably. When I worked for companies that made products that were sold to consumers, lots of employees at all levels were always visiting message boards and reading what people said (but never posting), even high-level executives. We were especially reading them when we released a new product so we could find out what people were saying about it.

As an engineer, we were reading boards to find out about issues in the field. Things were changed/fixed based on posts on boards exactly like this one.

14. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Macrumors is one of the biggest forums and news sites for Apple worldwide. If they didn't visit to even get a pulse of what Apple product owners thought or whined about they wouldn't be very smart.

The real question is.."do they take us seriously in the forums"? I'd say no, except in cases where a large number of people are crying about the same thing. A good example is the IR problem in retinas.

It's a shame because you get that rare gem of a good suggestion in a forum post.

15. B... macrumors 68000

B...

16. Bobby Corwen macrumors 68030

Guaranteed.

Its simply human nature. Apple employees are humans just like us too ;)

17. jabalczar macrumors member

Yes they do. I had a phone call from the Time Machine team in Cupertino the day following the release of OS X 10.8 after I posted on here. They saw my user name, matched it to my Apple user name, from there got my Apple ID, which has my phone number and email on, the phoned me to ask for some information about problems with Time Machine. Seriously.

They also told me they do read the forums to get a sense of what's going on.

18. ryallen thread starter macrumors newbie

Well in the case of the Macbook Pro, I think it's reasonable for consumers like us to have the expectation that each new model will be released in just about 1 year, if not slightly less. It's been 14 months and counting. That's all. Every other product appears to be on schedule for it's one year target. iOS devices, the Air, probably the iMac, and even the Mac Pro.

19. old-wiz macrumors G3

Other posts have indicated that Apple has a corporate rule against using these forums. Regardless of whether or not that is true, you can't expect Apple to read any post on the forum.

Apple does provide a feedback option.

20. leman macrumors 604

Of course they are reading it. And I honestly never had the impression that the 'how frustrating and disappointing the delay of new Pros is for so many of us' is actually true. More people seem to be expressing concerns at the perspective that the 15" could drop the dGPU ;)

21. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

Of course there are a lot of Apple employees reading this forum, especially sales and marketing people... Who do you think are pushing and praising Iris Pro... :D

22. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Except of course when they don't, like the iPhone a year ago, or the ipad 4 released early.

You are attacking apple for your own preconceptions.

23. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

Dude, get a hold of yourself. You don't even know why they've been delayed. It could be they didn't have enough orders of the Iris pro chip for the 15" rMBP...it's only a couple months overdue (it's not even past October - when the secondary release date would be) so give it a break. If you don't see anything by mid November, then I would really start bietching.

24. Hildegerd macrumors regular

Hildegerd

I just do.

25. traumuhhtize macrumors member