Do you think Apple fixed light blobs in new displays?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Mar 8, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I remember it was hell last year finding a decent one without bright blob/orbs all over the place while watching YouTube in a dimly lot room. Do you think there was enough complaints it's now fixed? Since the higher ups I'm sure we're aware allowing the 1-time swap.

Are the manufacturer displays different this time around?

2. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

This is why I am waiting for word from those who have pre-ordered. It was a nightmare and I'm willing to wait. If it seems this is a non issue in few weeks I'll be upgrading. Then the wife gets the 2. :)

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

With 8M+ new iPads about to hit the market, yes some will be less than perfect. It's basic statistics. If there is a .25% defect rate that is 20,000 imperfect units going through a 1000x Internet bitch and moan magnification megaphone.

4. BergerFan, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012

BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

I hope any light leak issues are sorted, but with these screens being so new, there's no guarrantee.
    I was unlucky with my first iPad, and got lucky with the iPad 2.

5. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

Unless you (not you specifically) get one. Anyway I guess I found the 20,000 imperfect batch when I got the 2. :rolleyes:

6. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Actually I did get a defective iPhone 4 screen. It was a bummer, sure. But Apple exchanged it for me. The major point is people need to understand that manufacturing isn't an exact science and every single product made in the world has a built-in defect rate between .25 and 3%. Even something simple like Jelly Bellys.

7. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I think most understand it. QC is the issue.

8. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Hope these displays are of higher quality control than iPad2's on launch.. My first iPad2 had a stuck red pixel (which was very noticeable due to being red) and lots of those "yellow" blobs when the background was dark/black.

Then I sold it off and picked up another a few months later and it was perfect.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

How does one call a purported defective screen a nightmare? It's a device with a warranty, no doubt it is easily swapped out. My first iPad's glass wasn't set right. I came in, when stock was extremely limited, walked out with a brand new iPad. It took about 20 minutes, I searched for a parking spot longer.

10. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

By saying it was a nightmare?