Do you think Apple is manufacturing the Nehalem MacPros now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, Aug 18, 2008.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Do you think Apple is manufacturing the Nehalem MacPros now?

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I dunno,but i hope they are as I'm waiting for them to be released

3. Umbongo macrumors 601

Umbongo

Nope. I would think they are manufactured much closer to the announcement date.

4. 11800506 macrumors 65816

I really doubt especially because Intel hasn't even formally announced the chip series yet. The server chips that the Pro uses are supposed to come out later anyways too.

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

No.

Agreed that Intel always gives an edge to Apple but such a thing will be way too broad an edge!

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Well looking at all the reply's it don't look it, but i did say "i dunno" don't matter to much so long as they release them early 09 ish regardless of them making them now or not as i've still got some more dosh to put by for one

7. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

You better wait for this one! Maybe they change the cabinet as well! Never doubt Apple:p

P.S.: If they're aiming to release it in Jan '09, they'd start manufacturing in November max! This also sounds good with Intel's release strategy!

8. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I was told that it wasn't going to be until the third tuesday in september or was it the second ? :D

That looks about right, to be honest i can't wait that long as I'm dying to get my hands on one now,only good thing is i've got other Mac's to tied me over, so I'm not in one of those "should i buy now or wait" situations, you know the ones don't you ? ;)

9. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

I guess Ottelini's taking classes from Jobs about 'How to create impossibly humongous hype about your products and not disappoint':p

You dont say man!:rolleyes:

10. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

I don't think their going to disappoint i do hope not anyway's,personally i think their going to be awsome machines

I did try searching but couldn't find another post like it do you think i should start another ?

11. jacefarm macrumors newbie

I'm in that situation!

My G4 has served me well, but it's time for a MacPro. I've read some other posts. Is it the overall consensus that Nehalem MacPros are going to be a "significant" improvement over the current MPs? It seems so... Seems that I should wait...

I'm a web designer / developer / gamer. Heavy Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash, ES Oblivion, etc.

So the latest is that the Nehalem MacPros are coming out in January 2009?

12. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

You'd do well to get yourself a PS3 or Xbox 360 and a 24" iMac.

13. jacefarm macrumors newbie

Hmmm...

Hmmmm... hadn't thought about that. Not wild about consoles though... Pretty set on a MacPro to carry me through for a couple of years, but not sure whether I should wait for Nehalems or not.

Can anyone suggest a good thread on the latest expectations for the next MacPro upgrade? Or is it just Nehalems in January 2009? I take it that nothing is expected on MacPro towers in San Fran next month?

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Of course they are. Apple is really special; they can build computers with parts that don't even exist yet! That's what makes them so innovative!

15. sn00pie macrumors 6502a

sn00pie

I'd assume the new MacBooks are probably being produced right now or they're in final stages before starting production. *We can only hope* :p