Do you think Apple will address the reception issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anthony T, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

How do you guys see Apple resolving this issue? I personally think they should give every iPhone 4 owner with issues one of their bumper cases for free. You know, the little pieces of plastic that cost them probably 20 cents to make, but cost us $30.

2. msavwah macrumors 6502

Depends on how powerful the outrage becomes.
    They have forecasted sales for the quarter and if the outrage is not enough threat to their brand image they won't address the issue with a permanent free fix. Could be a bumper, a software update or complete recall.
    If the outrage begins to tarnish the brand image in a major way then we will likely see these things happen.

I think for now they are sticking it out with their forecast until the outrage is deafening. Keep selling them in the millions.
    Then if say they have to do a recall and redesign, they pull the innards into a new shell with a new antenna or glue some bumpers on :p

3. Anthony T thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I think if the outrage continues, they'll have to do something.

4. f00f macrumors 65816

Yes. In 2011 with iPhone 5.

For now, Apple would rather hide the flaws and sell a bunch of lemons.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I'm not making a call until we see what their software fix does.

They may just boost the hell out of the radio signal. I have no idea if it'll work...your battery life will go down and AT&T's network will get slower...but it might work.

If it does? That may be it. Buy an external battery pack. Sorry.

If it doesn't work? I'm not sure. My guess? They slightly redesign the phone and tell original iPhone 4 owners that they can trade it in "if they want to." Not a recall...just an option.

But I consider that a low possibility. I think the software fix will be "good enough" to make most people happy at which point they'll just ignore the folks who are still unhappy.

6. deannnnn macrumors 68000

deannnnn

I agree with this.
    They'd defend their product to the death.

7. pbateman macrumors 6502

x2...Iphone 5, now available with a innovative interior antenna!! This changes everything, again...

8. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

Address it, yes.

They are addressing it with the upcoming software update.

Fix it, no.

From all the videos posted it doesn't appear to be software related but who knows?

9. samcraig macrumors P6

I think the phrasing would be "This changes everything.. back to the way it was before"

10. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

Lmao!

11. mgamber macrumors 6502a

mgamber

You know, the real shame of it is that this is probably what's going to happen even though the exterior design works great and reception is much better than previous iPhones. As least so goes my experience in a area of weak reception. If Apple (Jobs) had pulled it's (his) head out of it's (his) *** two weeks ago, addressed the issue and had any kind of viable sounding plan, this wouldn't be the joke it's become. I'd imagine there's a 24 foot Christmas tree at the offices of anyone who makes Android phones right now, next to the big screen tuned to CNBC so they can all stop by and watch Apple's stock continue to drop every minute Apple does nothing.