Do you think Apple will ever bring back the metal bezel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacMusician33, Sep 1, 2015.

1. MacMusician33 macrumors newbie

Hey Everyone,

When I purchased my 15" MacBook Pro back in 2011, I decided to go for the antiglare option over the glossy finish. In addition to being less reflective, one of the things I always liked about it was that the metal bezel doesn't smudge as easily as the glossy panel.

As many of you know, Apple decided to discontinue the antiglare option a few years ago. This doesn't really bother me much as I quite like the retina panel. However, with the occurrence of the whole 'staingate' fiasco recently, I am starting to wonder whether the new retina panel will last as long as my antiglare has.

One idea I had was that Apple may perhaps take a new route and introduce semi glossy panels with the metal bezel as seen in the MacBook Air models, but who knows really.

So what do you think? Do you think Apple may bring back the metal bezel or even the matte screen?

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

We are not Apple, so none of use can answer that question

3. brand macrumors 601

brand

In the end it doesn't really matter what we think.

4. MacMusician33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course I am aware of that, but I was curious if people would expect it to be a future style choice that Apple would implement.

But I suppose yeah, ultimately what we think won't make much difference.

5. newellj macrumors 601

What do *I* *think*? I think that the world in general is heading toward minimal or no bezels and that the MBA (especially) and the rMBP (to a lesser extent) are behind the design trend. I wouldn't look for a return of metal bezels. The MBA is likely only hanging on until Apple decides to bring the rMB price down to sub-$1K levels and then the MBA and its metal bezels will join the ranks of the honored dead. Since this is all "what do you think," YMMV, though.