Do you think apple will later release a 4port nTB?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thadoggfather, Dec 13, 2016.

?

So

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    94.1%
  1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

I wonder. If a lot of people keep their money in their wallets and aren't sold on touchbar and/or clamor to nTB or older retina for function keys specifically, do you think apple would address the Achilles heel of nTB ?

And maybe not related to this poll but as a side comment would they make the processor power on parity between nTB and TB? As an option at least that's another thing I wonder

2. aevan macrumors 68020

aevan

No, I don't think so. First of all, they want to give people a reason to upgrade to more expensive versions. It's a perfect premium feature - it's nice to have, but you can do without it (you can attach up to 6 devices to a signle TB port - but if you want convenience of more physical ports, you need to pay premium). There could also be technical reasons.

3. blairian89 macrumors 6502

blairian89

I agree with aevan. I do not see them doing this. They have to provide a reason and an incentive for people to upgrade to their premium models; pay to play.

The nTB is meant to be a replacement for the Air and it is one step above the MacBook, and as such the TB is always going to have more powerful configurations and more features than the TB model.

MacBook gets one port, nTB gets two, TB gets four...makes sense to me.