Do you think Apple will make a bigger budget iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Seanm87, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Seanm87 macrumors regular

i love my air2 but I would like a bigger screen now seeing as my phones screen has got bigger over time.

I don’t need a pro model though as I’m just a consumption user and don’t want to spend a fortune either.

What do you think are the chances of apple doing this? Or will that blur the line between pro and non-pro too much?

2. azentropy macrumors 68020

azentropy

The next budget iPad might have narrower bezels giving it a slightly larger screen in the same form factor, but I don’t think we will see a 12” budget model anytime soon.

3. Marshall73 macrumors 65816

Marshall73

They did make an iPad for a bigger budget, like 2 grand worth of a budget, haha. But in answer to your question, no. Cheap iPads will stay 9.7, pro will be larger.

4. Richard8655 macrumors 6502a

Richard8655

I wouldn't call the mainstream and primary iPad "budget". To me that implies cheapness and deficiency for the sake of cost saving when in fact it has top notch technology that satisfies most users' needs. In many respects it's superior to the best of the competition. I just refer to it as the regular iPad. For what it's worth :).

5. JBGoode macrumors regular

JBGoode

The new iPad to be released this spring is said to have a 10" screen so there you go. Apple is giving you .3 inches. :)

6. kazmac macrumors 604

kazmac

If the regular iPad inherits the 10.5 design, hopefully it will not also develop the white spot issue the current 10.5 iPPs do.

7. ericwn macrumors 68020

I don’t expect the regular iPad to offer a substantially bigger screen anytime soon.

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The current iPad is $329. For a slim, touch screen device from Apple with a 10” screen, that’s pretty budget!!!

9. sza Suspended

10 inch one coming this year. iPad can’t replace my mac, I will get the cheapest 10 inch model for entertainment only.