Do you think Apple will plant False Clues?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by yodaxl7, Feb 15, 2011.

1. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Developers are digging into 4.3 betas to hunt easter eggs, if you will. Plus, others saying that they have sources or in the know. Do we really know much?

2. Liberal macrumors member

Unfortunately, nothing's been confirmed yet. The Wall Street Journal's sources have been accurate in the past so if I was a betting man, I'd say that their predictions are probably close to, if not spot-on to what we'll be seeing from iPad 2. But then again, Apple could have something up their sleeve.

Here's the link to the WSJ article, if you've not seen it already.

I'm hoping the announcement of iPad 2 coincides with the release of iOS 4.3. What better device to show off the new software than brand new hardware? :D

3. BaBaBoooooooey macrumors regular

BaBaBoooooooey

for sure..
    after the iphone 4 leak.....im sure they are keeping tighter security and trying to throw people off the trail!!
    but its all part of the fun!
    what other company can keep you guessing this long for a product that you will for sure buy?

4. Gryzor macrumors 6502

SONY with GT5... End of.

5. EazyWeazy3 macrumors 6502

Rumors, speculation, guessing, that's what makes it so much fun!

The suspense is killing me! As I'm sure it is with everyone.

6. jealousguy86 macrumors 6502

i sure hope apple is doing something proactive here. i was just randomly thinking, "what if apple is giving all these false hints to keep hype for the ipad 2 while it waits to be announced"

then when it's announced it has everything we wanted, maybe not retina or greater display yet, but really, some of the latest rumors seem to be a bummer, basically saying it'll basically just be lighter, thinner and have 2 cameras. that kinda sucks.

i hope apple really steps it up here and makes the thing way faster than the competitors and really gives us bragging rights over the androids!

7. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I seem to recall something about them planting specific pieces of false information with certain people to see if they could identify the source of a leak.

8. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

That's the best way to find out who the rat is. :D