Do you think Apple will update their LED displays to the same as the iMacs?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by spaceballl, Dec 27, 2009.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I'd sure like a 27" LED panel, and it doesn't seem to make a lot of sense for them to make a 24" panel for a display and a 21.5"/27" display for another product... do you think there's a chance that they'll go w/ a 21.5 / 27 inch design when they update macbooks next? I'd like to see that :D

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just to be clear so it won't cause confusion in the future, you want a 21.5"/27" MacBook?!? :confused::eek:

I think that the 24" LED ACD was targeted for MacBook/Pro users. 24" was a popular size for notebook external displays. 30" is too big and 20" was too small.

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

no. I want a bigger external display... for my macbook.

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Why? 24" gives you 1920x1200. I think Apple's calculation was, that if someone wanted a higher resolution, they would be professionals with big bucks to spend on the 30".

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

As you often assert: Apple knows best, right?

6. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

If you followed that assumption, you would also assume that Apple would make their largest display match styles with the rest of their lineup... and use the same connection standard (mini displayport)

7. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Thanks for bringing up another thread like this, and no I'm not being sarcastic.

I am so with you on a 21.5"/27" display. I personally would swoop up two 21.5" displays without question.

I'm also tired of seeing the naysayers shoot down these threads down too. This should not be a one-size-fits-all issue. If anything, new displays in those sizes would compliment the existing imac lineup and 21.5" displays would sell with it's lowest price point, regardless of its smaller size. Remember, it can also support 1920x1200.

And finally, on that note, not everyone who uses an imac or a Mac Pro are graphic artists (me included), so i hate to see other professionals get robbed of the chance for a smaller, more inexpensive display. I simply don't have the need of an overly large sized display, but I would still love to be able to afford an Apple-grade display. That said, I would be absolutely content with a 21.5" LED display.

Please bring it Apple! :(

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Professionals know that "apple grade" is a farce. You can easily get displays that match or better Apple's specs for the LCD panel from brands like NEC.

Hold your horses, Apple can only do so much at once. I would want something to replace the older 20" ACDs. I bet they probably have something like that in mind but don't have the time or resources to make it.

They hire engineers who know better than you for sure.

9. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I don't follow on that. I was referring to screen resolutions not connection types. Companies are slow to update their larger sized displays, especially 30".

10. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Yeah, it's not like they have BILLIONS in the bank.
    Yet their external display line doesn't even match their consumer computer line. :rolleyes:

12. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

I would LOVE to see this. I'd snatch up dual 30 inchers in a heartbeat (or 27inch if that was my only option.)

IMO you can never have enough screen space. I use Maya, Unity, Corel Painter, Photoshop, and XCode open all at the same time (and messenger, and iTunes) so these screens + spaces would be a HUGE win for me.

13. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

Well I think you probably might be right. Apple may have a lot on its table at the moment, what with this whole impending tablet thing going on. I don't think anyone is going to deny Apple's shift of focus once it dropped "computer" from its name.

Anyway, we've been waiting this long for updates to the 20" and 30", so whats another couple of years? :rolleyes: