Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ercanbas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Replace my Macbook Air with a new one should they refresh them in September. I am covered under the one-year warranty. Do you think if problems persist (core shutdown, etc) that they would perhaps grant me a trade in?

I ask this because I was under warranty for my ipod mini when it died on me and at the time I needed a replacement the ipod mini was replaced with the nano so they offered a nano to me instead. What's everyone's take on this?

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
im not exactly sure, and if im wrong someone please correct me, but as long as they still have stock of the model you have...theyll replace it with that...

if they have sold out of your model by the time the new updates roll around...then they might replace it with that...

glitch44

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2006
There's been no official announcement on an Air refresh in September yet. It's all just rumor.

ercanbas

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Not one bit. Went back to stuttering and core shutdowns. In fact, I reinstalled coolbook!

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
I had an experience with a MB that I bought in August '07 and they swapped it out for the new BlackBook 2.4 Penryn 250GB, and I didn't pay the extra $300, they just considered it a straight-across trade. Totally, to my benefit...:cool:

Give it a shot! Keep us posted.

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
I had an experience with a MB that I bought in August '07 and they swapped it out for the new BlackBook 2.4 Penryn 250GB, and I didn't pay the extra $300, they just considered it a straight-across trade. Totally, to my benefit...:cool:

Give it a shot! Keep us posted.

See this is what I mean. If they just made the damn things right in the first place they would save a fortune.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.