Do you think Apple's leather cases are protective enough?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ethanlee, Sep 14, 2013.

1. ethanlee macrumors regular

I'm on the verge of spending more money on Apple for their beautiful new cases.

The question is, will they actually do their work of protecting the phone besides making it look pretty? What is everyone's experiences with dropping a phone with a leather case on?

2. keatth macrumors 6502

generally if the case covers the chamfered edges and the edges of the case itself are raised slightly above the screen then you should have pretty good protection. Also the Apple case covers the volume/power buttons and has a soft felt interior. So...yes.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

a case will definitely protect the phone in the even it slips off your hands and gets dropped.

4. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

It looks like it will protect your phone from drops, but you should wait and see some reviews of it, there are many other in my opinion better cases :)

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

^^ This.

Good advice.

6. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

They are the best cases ever made for iPhone as well as the most beautiful. Buying them should be a no brainer for the discerning Apple consumer with immaculate taste and appreciation for the very best engineering,

7. The Robot Cow macrumors 6502

The Robot Cow

For $40 and made by Apple, I'd get one. I love manufacture made accessories.

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Is that you Tim ?

;)

9. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Yeah, they don't even cover the edge of the screen to stop dirt getting trapped where the glass/plastic finish is! This is always the same with iPhones- especially white fronted ones. For £35 - thanks but no thanks. Lay on the table design for cases for me only.

10. fullauto macrumors 6502a

fullauto

Haha totally.. Or Jony!

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Are you sure it's not Phil? ;)

12. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

I'm just a consumer who has a refined taste for the most outstanding products money can buy.

13. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Fair enough Tim..... i mean consumer.

Lol.

14. billycuth macrumors 6502a

Thank you, Jony Ive and Phil Schiller.

15. ethanlee thread starter macrumors regular

To be honest, I really haven't found any iPhone cases that really impress me like Apple's. And what better case can you find than the ones made by the phone's makers? Links to cases you like would be appreciated.

btw, I'm honored that Tim got a hold of this thread ;)

16. LostAggie macrumors 6502

I really like the Magpul cases. Made in USA and about $12...

17. g35 macrumors 6502a

If you could only have one phone, and let's say it cost $650, would you rather have an original iPhone (grey/black) or a Galaxy S4?

18. roccobladr macrumors 6502

I usually just buy a cheap sub 10$ ebay/amazon case. I like cases that are extremely thin but cover the edges so you have a little space when laying down on the front face. My plan is to wait for some reviews on the new apple cases. If they are just absolutely stellar, ill spend the money. If not, I'll use my amazon prime and get something much much less expensive.

19. dumastudetto macrumors 68020

Original iPhone. And I'm not joking or trying to be clever. I would never buy an Android device even for $1. It's not only a question of quality, taste and personal safety, it's a question of ethics and morality.

20. Nevaborn macrumors 65816

Nevaborn

Best phone case ive ever had is a wallet case im using for my iPhone 4.

It opens standard book style the on the left is a spot for my Driving License. That part then flips up to reveal 4 card slots and 2 pouches under them for my cards or items then you have the large note section too. Its a proper wallet built into a phone case.

Was the only one like it on Ebay from the states the company had them for 4,4s & 5

They cost £4 and hope they do them for 5s and 6.

If Apple did a wallet case like this id prob pay £40 a it would be amazing quality. As it is tho these cases are ok but pricey.

21. ethanlee thread starter macrumors regular

Can't tell if Tim Cook or total Apple fanboy.

Ethics and morality? Are you joking? I'd easily buy an HTC One if iPhone wasn't an option...open your mind a little bit.

22. Beyinsis macrumors member

I use spigen slim armor. It protects my ip5 from 5 yrs old daughter

23. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Are you joking is right :eek:

I doubt even Steve Jobs would argue ethics and morality had anything to do with picking what device you buy.