Do you think AT&T will push back upgrade dates for the iPhone 5??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RonHC, Aug 19, 2011.

1. RonHC macrumors 6502a

RonHC

In the past I recall AT&T pushing back upgrade dates closer to the iPhone 4 release date. I can't remember but if I am correct, AT&T did the same thing for the iPhone 3GS. Do you think AT&T will do the same for the iPhone 5??

I would imagine so since it will make AT&T customers sign the 2 year contract deal again.
    Also my upgrade date is set for February. Do you think they will push back 4 months (for October as rumored) I believe they pushed backed upgrade dates from November for the iPhone 4.

2. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Last year AT&T moved upgrade dates forward to get people locked in before their exclusivity deal with Apple ended.
    They did this before the iPhone 4 was even announced.

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

Don't count on your Feb. date moving in this year to make you "Upgrade Eligible". They however will offer you an early upgrade at a reduced subsidy aka higher price.

Last year, AT&T allowed anyone that would have been upgrade eligible before Dec. 31, 2010, to be upgrade eligible for the iPhone 4 at launch.

This was in advance of the launch of the Verizon iPhone 4 so I think we all know why AT&T was so generous last year. They wanted as many customers as possible to be locked into another 2 year commitment before the Verizon iPhone hit the market.

Dave

4. SFGiantsfan macrumors newbie

My upgrade date has been moved up

... already eligible for an upgrade! :cool:

(I got my IP4 on launch day)

5. Maverick713 macrumors 6502

there are at least 2 other threads that cover this.