DO you think current macbooks will go on sale early sept.?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ll PiStoNs ll, Aug 3, 2008.

1. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

I dont really know if apple really puts hardware on sale. I searched and couldnt find anything on it. Ive noticed theyve been on sale on macmall and stuff, does apple retail stores put stuff on sale? or do they just send all the old stuff to like chains like best buy or online stores like macmall when new stuff comes out? (im hoping to get a blackbook for like 1299 with the free ipod and printer before the deal ends)

2. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Aside from the occasional "Buy a printer with a Mac and get a $50 rebate" offers, Apple retail does not have sales. Catalog retailers like MacMall sometimes offer free/discounted RAM upgrades, or other similar promotions, so it might be worth it to go that route. Also, keep tabs on dealmac.com.

And if you're a college student, do check out your school's on-campus computer store. They sometimes can get better pricing or special bundles from Apple, and you can get the iPod rebate deal if you buy there. That may not be possible through mail-order/catalog retailers.

3. ll PiStoNs ll thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the advice. It didnt quite help on hardware, but they do have apple care for almost 75$ off!!!
    http://cstore.msu.edu/scripts/cstore/pricelists/instockspecials.asp

4. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

Looking at that list I see $100 off the retail price for MacBooks (the base model usually runs for $1099; the black one for $1499).

5. dino0829 macrumors member

State's store is exactly the same prices as the Apple Education Store online. If you're looking for discounted current-gen MacBooks, wait til the redesign and then keep checking MacMall.com. You'll probably save a couple hundred bucks (but you won't get the back to school special). Check out their clearance section here.
    Go Spartans!