Do you think Geometric/Pixelskin HD have excellent drop protection?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Aug 21, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I have a geometric but don't really trust it with dirty falls, whereas my otterbox seems rock solid... considering keeping this and tossing the geometric to a relative, or keep the geometric and return the otterbox

But the otterbox is great so far :) kills off my OCD

2. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have the PixelSkin HD. No complaints here. I've dropped it on concrete a couple of times (on accident, of course), & my phone still looks brand new!

3. FieldingMellish Suspended

Did you take a look at the phone outside the HD? :)

I'm getting an HD, but will keep the Otterbox for when it matters. Outdoor physical sports activity or yard work, etc.

4. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Haha, I did. Still looks great. No scratches/cracks. Fingers crossed I'll never get any, either! :)

I'm going to order the Commuter when it comes out. The Defender is too bulky for me.

5. simple20 macrumors regular

Yeah, I dropped, more like accidentally flinged mine at a tile floor. My heart stopped because it was in that death range of about 3 feet, and it was totally good to go.

6. pdhahn macrumors member

Do you have any kind of screen protector as well?

7. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

Nope. I had to take my Wrapsol Ultra off because the case wouldn't fit too well with it on.

8. dagomike macrumors 65816

Once the phone leaves your hand, the outcome is far from certain. To me the best drop protection is a case that gives good grip. The HD has pretty good grip.