Do you think I can get a new battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crunchyapple, Jul 14, 2008.

1. crunchyapple macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I bought my MBP in November of 2006. Last October I got a free battery replacement from Apple (which I read about here). My battery had decreased from 100% to 55% literally within a matter of hours, so I called Apple and they replaced it for me.

Now it's mid-July and in the last few days my battery life has dropped from 100% down to 53%. I only have 45 load cycles on my battery (yes, only 45 in the last 9 months.. but I don't think that leaving the computer plugged in for extended periods hurts the battery, does it??). I have calibrated it twice in the last four days, hoping that the battery capacity would go back up (it worked before with the first battery I had) but I just seem to be losing more.. it was at 66% on 7/12 and now it's down to 53%.

Do you think if I call Apple they will send me yet another battery? They kind of gave me grief about getting the first one because I didn't have AppleCare and was a little outside the one-year warranty window (my parents purchased it in October, but I didn't get it until November), until I mentioned the battery update that I read about online and they gave in.

I don't know why my battery life is perfectly fine for some months, and then within a matter of days (or hours, as the first case was) the battery life will decrease by half. :confused:

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. fpar macrumors regular

As far as I remember every apple replacement has a 12 month warranty, so if they changed your battery less than a year ago, you are good to go. I believe they replace batteries that fall below 80% before 1 yr or 300 cycles but i am not 100% sure, it doesnt hurt to ask them.

Good Luck