Do you think I got a fair price

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by satinsilverem2, Sep 26, 2017.

?

Is it a fair price?

1. Yes, its just collecting dust anyways

100.0%
  2. No, you're better off selling on Ebay or Craigslist.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. satinsilverem2 macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

Since I got my 2016 MacBook Pro in April my old 2011 has been in a closet collecting dust. Initially I installed OSX server on it but found myself not really using the features and its just been idling for months now. Just as a curiosity I checked out what Gazelle would give me for it. They came up with $280, I think its fair since its beat up a little and is goin on seven years old. What do you think? I wanna use the money for the new 4K Apple TV.

2. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

I think 280 is fair if it hasn't been upgraded with more ram and it's got the original mechanical drive.

3. jerryk macrumors 601

I got $400 for a 2011 13" with 16GB of memory and a 256 GB SSD a year or so ago. I think you are getting more than a fair price.

4. satinsilverem2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

satinsilverem2

its a maxed out 13 inch with the i7, 16GB RAM, and it had 2 1TB SSDs in RAID but those aren't going with it. so ill just put a spinner in there.

5. green86 macrumors 6502a

green86

I mean, I think that is more then fair. Its over half a decade old, and its two whole generations behind. But why not just check out what the trending prices are on eBay?

6. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

Trade in prices are always much lower than retail, as they'll be selling it retail so need to make a profit. If you're happy, they provide a convenient way to get rid of a product, without the hassle that comes with selling and dealing with that. So you have to think of it that way, if you sell it for $300 when it retails at $500, it'd probably cost $50 in sales taxes/listing, then you might have a none-payment, dealing with questions or returns etc. All that could potentially be worth more than $150 of your time...

Anyway as others have said, old laptop so it's fine. Not sure why anyone would buy something that old but there's obviously a market for it somewhere.