Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Longey77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
My girlfriend won two xbox 360's and 10 games from a tv competition pretty swish. We are going to keep one in the box cause it had a special case from some singer im not sure who it was. The second one we are selling to a family friend of ours.

Now myself I already have an Xbox with an extended warranty for 5 years. But my Xbox doesn't have the hdmi port or I think the updated chip set and cooling.

Do you think its worth swapping my Xbox for one of the other ones? Bearing in mind that i would loose my extended warranty and cause these xboxs were from a competition i dont have any documentation for warranty for them so im not sure what happens if it breaks... Is it worth it for a Hdmi port and updated chip set?:confused:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Do you think its worth swapping my Xbox for one of the other ones? Bearing in mind that i would loose my extended warranty and cause these xboxs were from a competition i dont have any documentation for warranty for them so im not sure what happens if it breaks... Is it worth it for a Hdmi port and updated chip set?:confused:

In regards to the new 360's.

Your warranty is with the manufacturer. You simply give them the serial on the back of your 360. It doesn't matter that you won them. Register it with M$ - you can do it online at xbox.com. The 3 years will cover you from then. They will have all the details of the system (date of manufacture etc..) and therefore you DO get the standard 3 year warranty against RROD and E74 error, and 12 months warranty for anything else.

In regards to the old 360.

Yep I'd get rid of the old and keep the new. Not often you get a freebie upgrade.

Longey77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Cool beans:)

Thanks for your opinion -hands cookie out-

Anyone else :) id love to hear more

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.