Do you think I'll get 2 free phones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by defcon2008, Oct 15, 2011.

1. defcon2008 macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I got a quick question and want to get your opinion on my pre-order and why I'm not overly freaking out that I haven't gotten my phone yet.

I went into my local AT&T store, told them I wanted to order the new 4s and the lady who helped me said she would help me and started typing on the computer. She looked up from her computer a moment later and said "ok, your 16GB phone is ordered"

I apologized and told her that I wanted the bigger version of the phone and she apologized as well and I walked away to look at the cases for a minute while she fixed her error. When I came back she said she had the 32GB model ordered and I'm all set. I looked at her a little confused and said I thought the bigger model was the 64GB. Her eyes went big and she got a smile on her face (I'm sure bigger commission) and said she would fix that in 2 seconds.

So..I plunked down my $400 on 10/7 and she told me to expect 14 days or so before its available. On Saturday, 10/8 I woke up and logged onto the AT&T order status page to make sure that she ordered me the right phone b/c of all the issues she had. Here's the thing: I see a pending shipment for a 16GB; 32GB AND a 64GB model.

All 3 phones are still on the order status page as pending shipment. Do you guys think that I'll get all 3 phones delivered or will they catch the error and only deliver one?

Thoughts?

2. Bruce91 macrumors newbie

Won't they charge you for ALL 3?

If it ships it charges...

If I were you, I'd call them and make sure not to send you 3 iPhones because its not worth the headache.

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If all three are showing up on your order status, you should cancel the two you don't want. There's no way that you're not going to get charged for the two extra phones if they ship. Just do the honest thing and give them a call about it.

4. defcon2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

What if the phones aren't showing up under my main account. On my main account it shows only the 64GB. The others show up under the Order Number they provided, with 3 different transaction numbers. :confused:

5. Bruce91 macrumors newbie

I think they'll probably catch it then and if they don't its not worth them charging you for the other two and then you having to send them back. Its completely unnecessary especially if you know beforehand.

6. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

I see what you did there...

7. Illumination macrumors regular

I think the representative who sold these to you posted here as well.

Or you're just trolling.

8. daaneel macrumors regular

9. defcon2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not a troll or even being funny. I'm telling you the truth of what happened to me and what my order status shows. I should post the pic to show you guys..:apple:

_I did LOL when I read that someone changed the wording of my post and posted it as the saleswoman_

10. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Hey, the same thing happened when I bought an iMac from Apple... They charged me for one and sent two iMacs :eek: I sent one of them back though because they would've found out eventually :eek:

Plus if you keep it, they didn't charge you for it and you know its a mistake thats stealing.

11. alansmallen macrumors 6502a

If they charge you the subsidized retail price, and your account doesn't change, keep the phones sealed and selled them for a nice profit.