Do you think iOS 7 on iPad will include the missing stock apps?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Liquidizer, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Liquidizer macrumors newbie

I know nobody knows for certain yet, but what would you say the likelihood is of iOS 7 on iPad finally including all the missing stock apps? I'm talking about calculator, stocks, weather and compass (with the possible inclusion of passbook, which I think would be a bit silly on iPad, but who knows what people want, and voice memos, although I've heard that is removed for iPhone on the iOS 7 beta.)

And whilst I'm on the subject, was there ever a reason given as to why these apps weren't included? Or indeed, why they decided to add the clock app in iOS 6?

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

3. peterjames.org macrumors newbie

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

It was said that those Apps looked best on a smaller screened device, they didn't scale well on a larger screen. I agree, if you look at the Clock app, on stopwatch and alarms, their is so much wasted space, can you imagine the Calculator and how big the icons would have to be.

But if you have an iPad with Siri, you kind of get the support even without the app.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Liquidizer thread starter macrumors newbie

I think the red one is photo booth.

If you look at a slightly more detailed image (below) there are two pages of apps on the screen - what apps could be on the next page?

http://images.apple.com/ios/ios7/images/compatibilityfooter_ipad_2x.jpg

Hm, yes I see your point, it's just a shame - I was looking forward to that new weather app, and since my poor 3GS can't get the latest update I was relying on my iPad to use it!