Do you think iPad Pro's will come at WWDC? (POLL)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gobikerider, May 17, 2017.

?

Will new iPad Pros release at WWDC?

1. iPad Pro 10.5 only

22.8%
  2. iPad Pro 12.9 only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. iPad Pro 10.5 and 12.9

44.6%
  4. iPad Pro 9.7, 10.5, and 12.9.

6.9%
  5. None, Apple wont release anything until Fall

29.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. gobikerider macrumors 65816

gobikerider

With the recent analysts and renewed rumors toward a new iPad being introduced at WWDC as well as the new wallpapers introduced in the iOS 10.3.3 beta, I feel the iPad Pro refresh is going to happen soon as there hasn't been any new leaks that are pointing to a fall release, as in the current rumors arnt conflicting, they have all aligned. Do you think we will see new iPad Pros at WWDC ? Vote above

2. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

9.7, 10.5, and 12.9... I'm an optimist and usually partially right.

If I were a pessimist, I'd be mostly wrong.

3. gobikerider thread starter macrumors 65816

gobikerider

I'm guessing the 10.5 will replace the 9.7inch model leaving that form factor to the budget iPad lineup

4. Relentless Power macrumors G4

Relentless Power

Honestly, I don't see an iPad debuting during WWDC this year. It was just a rumor yesterday (And this last week) that a new iPad, Mac updates, And a smart speaker to launch during the developers conference. I just don't see this happening. I think we will see the 10.5 iPad debut around the iPhone 8.

It's a nice thought about a 10.5 iPad launching, but the Developer conference has grown so wide and how busy it is, I have no idea how Apple could debut 3/4 products during that week. I feel it will draw attention away from the developers conference, as that is the primary focus.

And I do understand that hardware has released years in the past during WWDC, but Apple has clearly strayed away from making this a habit.

5. PeteDin206 macrumors newbie

60% of the time it works every time.....

6. JeffyTheQuik macrumors 68020

JeffyTheQuik

I agree.

9.7 has been relegated to the bargain bin.

But part of me has hope springing eternal.

7. Tapiture macrumors 6502

They're keeping the 9.7 inch pro. Mark my words.

8. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

Too many rumors, from earlier this year. The 10.5 Pro will definitely happen and replace the 9.7 Pro. I think it highly likely the 12.9 will get upgraded as well as long as it is ready. The Macbook (Pro) rumors might mean just a silent refresh with updated processors when the store goes down to push out the new iPad Pros. The Macbook performance gains are ultimately negligible as Kaby Lake is just a bit faster than Skylake. Not sure what else would warrant time at WWDC for laptops that were just refreshed 6 months ago (except negative publicity).

9. gobikerider thread starter macrumors 65816

gobikerider

Mark my words it's going the way of the dinosaurs;):D

10. IPadNParadise macrumors 6502

IPadNParadise

I think they will announce the 10.5" at WWDC with A10 and smaller bezels and hopefully it will be an ipad pro to at least have all the current features of the 9.7" IPP, more RAM, IDK! I think a 12.9" with A11 and some more goodies will be announced with the new iphone in the fall. And surely, at WWDC, IOS truly fit for an IPP will be announced. I mean if they say the ipad is the future of computing, release software that will allow it.

11. Tapiture macrumors 6502

Interesting you think that. But you're wrong :p I think we're gonna definitely see an update to the 12.9 and the debut of a 10.5 but I reckon they'll keep the 9.7 size and eventally come out with a micro-bezel version.

12. gobikerider thread starter macrumors 65816

gobikerider

I'm gonna remember this and come back after WWDC to say I told you so :p:D

13. The Game 161 macrumors G4

The Game 161

honestly with the 9.7 iPad that was introduced recently i could see them getting rid of the 9.7 pro in favour of the 10.5. they don't need two 9.7 really..will see though

14. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

I don't see it happening. At least in recent years, Apple hasn't released a lot of hardware at WWDC. Plus, the rumors aren't detailed enough yet to suggest that the iPad is coming soon.

That said, I do think the Apple Home/Siri device will be announced at WWDC so the developers can get ready to develop things for it.

15. Tapiture macrumors 6502

I don't think they'll release a new 9.7 at WWDC, they've gotta get the 12.9 caught up. come back at the end of the year.

16. pika2000 macrumors 68020

17. gobikerider thread starter macrumors 65816

gobikerider

No that's thing is definetly dying

18. Legendts macrumors regular

Legendts

Well I reckon the 10.5 will launch (at WWDC) and be a pro. With all the other hardware rumours about launching at WWDC I don't see how they won't be. As far as the 9.7 pro is concerned I also believe it will be dropped, which leaves 9.7; 10.5 pro and the 12.9 pro. 12.9 pro update when iOS is updated to 11, your fall or thereabouts. Time, of course, will tell if any of us are right. :p

19. gobikerider thread starter macrumors 65816

gobikerider

Time will tell....three... weeks ....later :D:p:D I'm way too excited for this WWDC

20. Legendts macrumors regular

Legendts

Must admit i'm starting to get a wee bit excited too. Better check my heart rate, don't want to expire before the event, just in case I have to wait for the fall.:D:D

21. DNichter macrumors 65816

DNichter

I think we'll see the new 10.5 (replacing the 9.7 pro, keeping the budget model) and an updated 12.9 (may not be a redesign though). I have been saying it for some time now. If Apple really sees iPad as the future of computing, I think they need to make some wholesale changes to the iPad OS. Whether it is broken out to it's own separate flavor or they just continue to add more desktop like features to iOS, they need to show the world they are serious about iPad. WWDC is the perfect place to do this and get developers on board with new capabilities, API's, and App Store improvements. Push the developers to develop for the iPad. That is what this WWDC should be all about.

22. Legendts macrumors regular

Legendts

23. Brammy macrumors 65816

I hope not. because that will mean there wasn't enough software announcements and they had to fill a half hour with something.

24. DNichter macrumors 65816

DNichter

Haha, I don't think Apple works this way. Apple will have plenty to discuss with new OS's across their product lines and some new hardware advances and API's for developers to get excited about.

25. Brammy macrumors 65816

The keynotes are 2 hours long. Unless the new iPad has some APIs they want devs to take advantage of, the time spent talking up new iPads is time they *should* be spending on new APIs. Therefore, my prosit is if Apple has the time to talk up new iPads, that meant they didn't have enough software stuff to talk about.

I think the last time they announced hardware was 2014 with a new Air.