All iPads Do you think new iPads will have a 120fps camera?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ciberkarlos, Apr 26, 2014.

1. ciberkarlos macrumors member

Hi everyone, i love the 120fps camera on my 5s (in fact, i'm currently developing an app using that feature) and i want to know if you think that new iPads (full-size or mini) will have a 120 fps (or even higher rate) slow motion cameras. I haven't heard any rumors on this, but if some features from the 5s are expected (i.e., touch ID), don't you think it's logical to add a 120fps camera too?

I want to buy an iPad (i don't have one at this moment), but i didn't pull the trigger because i want to know if future iPads will have that feature. I know the best i can do is wait until next keynotes, but i wanna see your opinions:)

Best regards

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The camera is one of the components that seems to keep getting upgraded on the iPhone (and I guess the iPad) so its a safe bet we'll see an improvement.

3. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I agree, but I'd also say that very few people use the iPad for serious photo taking or video compared to the phones. It's just awkward and not natural feeling, IMO. I'd rather they use resources elsewhere rather than make a camera better that doesn't get used that much.

4. ciberkarlos thread starter macrumors member

Right, that was exactly why i doubt. iPhones always have had better cameras than iPads, and i don't know if it's probably that new iPads would include 120fps. I agree that is much more natural taking photos with an iPhone, but people also use a lot iPads for that purpose (specially the mini). Let's see what happens... I really want a 120fps camera on the iPad. For video editing, an iPad is much better than an iPhone

5. colodane macrumors 6502a

colodane

6. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

This isn't as true for iPad Mini, which is a great size for shooting/quick editing. That being said I would always opt for an iPhone in public.

7. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i don't think I've ever used the rear camera on either of my iPads.

8. Skika macrumors 68030

This isnt about the camera, iPad Air could do slow motion without a problem because it has the A7. Apple would just need to enable it.

9. osofast240sx macrumors 68030

osofast240sx

I rather do a podcast with a iPad than a iPhone

----------

I rather a external flash

10. Tiger8 macrumors 68020

You should see all tourists here in NYC! :D