Do you think new iPods will be released before Sep 8?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pacers721, Aug 1, 2009.

1. pacers721 macrumors member

September 8 is the last day where Apple offers a $229 rebate (Education discount) on ipods when you buy a new macbook. Because I'm planning to buy both, do you guys think they'll update the iPod before then?

2. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

I think that the reason the offer ends on that day is because they DON'T want you to get the new ipod. The reason they offer these deals during the summer right before september is so they can clear out there inventory of old ipods. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

There is a better chance of the Powerbook G5 to come out.

4. aethelbert macrumors 601

While they have in the past updated them before the rebate program ended, the new models were not included in the deal.

5. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

Yeah if you get a Macbook on that deal, you're going to be getting a current generation iPod. The reason they do it is so that they can clear inventory for the new iPods.

6. Ericatomars macrumors regular

Yeah they usually do those deals to help get rid of the stock of the older generations of ipods...

I'm getting high hopes for the next ipod touch! But we will have to see:confused:

7. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

no. get the current ipod, sell it and get a brand new one in 2 weeks for only like $75.
    the whole reason they do the ipod giveaway thing is to clear out stock.;)

8. 101X macrumors member

it is sure to be september. some websites say early and some say late. :apple: better make it soon though.

9. UserNorwich macrumors newbie

Where is the best place to sell brand new ipod touches? Want to sell the one i got with education discount and get one of the brand new ones on release.