Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

New MacBooks?

• Yes

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 13 11.6%

• Total voters

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
It feels like its time, and considering they'll most likely hold off on the new iPhone 5 till late fall like last year, it seems to make sense to introduce new MacBooks considering the discussion of OSX Lion; hardware and software married together once again.

Further, seems like if new MacBooks are introduced during WWDC then it would only help drive huge sales during the summer and even more so when back to school fall rolls by.

pacman7331

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2006
Unless there is another large public event, Yes. All signs point to very soon update on the MBP. It would be anticlimatic to introduce it after WWDC if it has even half the rumored and well found predicted upgrades. I think Apple does these conferences for the public anticipation not just developer elitism. Frankly if they miss this oppertunity to introduce new hardware, they will be only hurting themselves. my 2 cents...

Plus ive been waiting since January and am getting jittery. I hope they ship by end of July.

Last edited:

HappyMan420

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2012
Say it is introduced at WWDC...how long would it be after that that they're put onto the shelves? If that makes sense..

Free Ale

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2012
A big local retail chain says, MBPs and MBAs are available on 21. June 2012.
I actually talked to an employee today! I couldn't get anything from him, but he made it seem they did get inside information. A quote from him was.. " Im legally not allowed to share Anything with you that's not public."

June 11th all the wAy baby!

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
I sure hope so i can't live any more with my iPad for mobility the iMac and macbook pro are the best devices for word processing for screen estate etc, the iPad for me is still a glorified iPhone i do like the retina screen on it I hope apple wows us with a retina display across all MacBook pro.

Last edited:

arctic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2008
It's really a no brainer asking this question. A more fun discussion would be: "Why won't Apple release the Macs at WWDC?". Intel has delayed Ivy Bridge but now that we have them, there's really no reason to further hurt the :apple: CPU shares.

mac jones

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2006
Yes they will most likely be released. They will also probably be available then, or shortly after.

This is not some new product that they show off before the fact, while you wait a month to get it. No lines, hype, or scalpers :D

dingdongbubble

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2007
They should give the MBP platform a major overhaul, something like the iPhone 4 even though an update at that scale looks next to impossible. Feels as though Apple has been almost neglecting the Macs.

skaertus

macrumors 601
Feb 23, 2009
Brazil
Seems like everybody thinks that the MBP line will be refreshed in WWDC. Everybody will get disappointed if Apple doesn't do that... but it will probably do it.

07dodge

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
I'd be bummed, because I would hate to buy and then things get released. Hoping for some news on potential iMac upgrades as well

PVisitors

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
99% sure they will be announced and then released immediately afterwards or the same period as an iPhone release. I think the former will happen though.

To me, a Bloomberg report is much more credible than even the iPhone5 picture leaks IMO.

Arelunde

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2011
CA Central Coast
I just posted a similar comment in the poll for the June 11th announcements...

I happened to check MR's Buyer's Guide today and was surprised (?) to realize every Apple device has a "Do not buy unless needed; end of cycle" except the new iPad. The possibilities for announcements of new hardware and software are enormous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.