Do you think that Apple will release an iPad 3 later this year?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Calidude, Mar 1, 2011.

?

Do you think the iPad 3 will be released later this year?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Calidude, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

Let's discuss what we plan to do if Apple actually does the unthinkable and releases an iPad 3 this fall.

2. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

I take it you didn't see this.

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Well the thread title and poll can be considered two different questions. Do I think Apple would release an iPad 3 so quickly after the iPad 2? Yes. Do I think they will? Maybe, but probably not.

4. Davichi, Mar 1, 2011

Davichi macrumors 6502

This thread is not necessary. You don't have to make a new thread every time there is a new rumor.

Also, title is a bit misleading. It says does apple have balls? It has nothing to do with the balls.

Apple has been always one of the few companies that challenge themselves to be the leader in innovation. Of course, they have balls. But, releasing another iPad this fall makes no sense.

Too bad people fail to see it took apple months and months to release original iPad to other countries. There are some countries that received iPad in November. So, apple will try to release iPad 2 in March and try to release another one around September/October?

US customers aren't their only customers. Apple needs time to release iPad 2 in other countries. Unless apple is planning on releasing totally different iPad like smaller or bigger versions of iPad, I don't see another iPad coming this fall.

5. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

Polls are interesting.

6. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

I liked the title but seeing as you were confused, I changed it.

7. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I voted NO. Just can't see them retooling the entire manufacturing process for a six month run of iPad 2's.

8. Jcoz, Mar 1, 2011

Jcoz macrumors 6502

I just don't get the attitude some seem to apply to such an idea from a consumer standpoint. If Apple released a new one 6 months later, all other issues aside, how is that in any way a slight to consumers?

This is the CE business, and it moves fast. There will always be a better spec sheet on the horizon.

If apple releases a new, much better ipad in Sept/Oct, people who bought the Ipad 2 can either sell it and pay the difference, or chose to hold on to it for another year for the next version.

I see no promise from apple that they will not supply an update for at least 1 year after you buy your idevice.

9. avalys macrumors 6502

Presumably Apple would not discontinue the iPad 2 in the fall, they would release the "iPad 2 HD" or whatever and drop the price on the normal iPad 2.

10. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

It depends on what they release tomorrow.

If it's underhwhelming -- a spec bump -- they'll probably have something in the pipeline for later this year. The tablet market is emerging, and Apple can't fall behind all the competitors who want market share

If it's ****ing awesome, they probably won't release one for another year.

11. hawaiipoolman macrumors regular

its an obvious NO, when have they ever released two next generation hardware products in the same year? I think that iOS5 will be the ambitious revamp which is reportedly scheduled for later this year...

12. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

75% of the threads on this forum are not necessary. Hard these days to actually find the few interesting threads due to the insanely repetitive nature of most posters.

Many just want to be the starter for whatever reason

13. trssho macrumors 6502

14. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

What you don't like my thread? :confused: I could create a poll too for you if that is what you wanted.

15. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

I voted yes, because Apple has to compete with "the newcomers in the industry" who want a piece of the pie, pun intended.

16. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

I just wonder if these rumors will cut into the sales of tomorrow's iPad 2.

17. TheScappian macrumors regular

I heard from a friend who use to work at Apple that this year's iPhone will just be a spec bump and next years is the one to get excited about. And then 2 years from then will be REALLY awesome!!!

18. iPadLad macrumors member

iPadLad

I would be more surprised if they didn't release an iPad 3... say, around Christmas time!?!??

19. Calidude thread starter macrumors 68000

Calidude

Nice sarcasm.