Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nnyyii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 7, 2009
I really need to know because I don't want to buy a laptop that will soon be outdated.:confused:

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
Then you shall never have a laptop. Technology is always evolving. If you need it, buy it. Just because something (slightly) better comes along doesn't make what you have worthless.

To answer the original question though, I personally don't expect any Macbook updates at WWDC. It's gonna be all about Snow Leopard and the iPhone.

peepboon

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2008
seriously dude... there are TONS of topics on this already... wait and see, but prepared to get disappointed if there is no update. Buy now and have fun with it... even if the new one comes out, the speed bumps will be hardly noticeable...

clyde2801

macrumors 601
1. Buy any computer, any at all.

2. Take it home from the store, set it up and turn it on.

3. Count to ten.

4. It is now outdated.

Seriously, I think what you're wanting is to get the best value for your money. No one wants to pop one or two thousand for a computer and find out in a couple of months that another model was just released with better specs for the same money.

The macbook line was recently updated with a new design, features, etc., and any update soon will just be a minor bump with a slightly faster processor and bigger hard drive; most people would not be able to tell the difference between the two machines.

Buy a refurbished machine off of the apple website or a similar model off of craigslist. The money you'll save will lessen the pain you feel when a new model is inevitably released.

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
I personally don't expect any Macbook updates at WWDC. It's gonna be all about Snow Leopard and the iPhone.

There's news about that the Macbook will have an integrated 3G module, I personally think there's a pretty good chance of that happening.

Nevertheless, I agree with what posters above me said. You should worry about buying a computer that meets your needs and that you're happy with, you shouldn't be worrying about how long it'll take before it's 'not the newest thing on the block'. Who cares, if you're happy with it!

jbrenn

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
I really need to know because I don't want to buy a laptop that will soon be outdated.:confused:

If you can wait I would. It should not be long based on the average timeline for an update. but i could be wrong. At this point i would at least wait tell the back to school promo starts and get a free ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.