Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Will the iMac be updated in Jan

• Yes

Votes: 34 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 73 68.2%

• Total voters

penter

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2006
i'll be really jealous of the new buyers if they upgrade the screen size.

my 20" seemed huge when i first got it, but looking at the new 24" one im starting to feel degraded.

if i ever see a 30"er on an imac in January i'll just... die!

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
i'll be really jealous of the new buyers if they upgrade the screen size.

my 20" seemed huge when i first got it, but looking at the new 24" one im starting to feel degraded.

if i ever see a 30"er on an imac in January i'll just... die!

Well think of it as this, the 24" iMac costs almost as much as a Mac Pro!

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I agree that it is too soon to see an iMac upgrade, no processor bumps, no size bumps, no new case design w/o new cpu. while the mini will most likely get c2d, the mac pros may not see dual-quad cores until late jan or feb. mwsf is not typically a pro machine expo.

so what does that leave for mwsf other than full-screen iPods, iTV, iPhone and Leopard release date?... and possibly displays..

I think it is the perfect opportunity for the Mac Pro Mini or Mac Pro Jr. Return of the Cube, Headless iMac, whatever else you want to call it.

I don't think Apple will do mwsf without a significant computer announcement, and I think the full-screen iPods are delayed.

On a sidenote, I'd be very interested to see a black or silver (ACD style) iMac released. But then a black iMac, c2d Minis, iPhones and a Leopard and iTV release date is a little weak for a macworld. Though more is overly optimistic.

Don't forget there will be iLife '07 for steve to eat up some keynote time with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.