iPad Pro do you think the ipad pro will have any sound vibration issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by snow755, Oct 14, 2015.

1. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

hi guys

i the ipad pro is not out yet but giveing on how thin the ipad ipad air 2 is and with all the sound vibration issues it has do you think the ipad pro will have any sound vibration issues the ipad pro is not has thin has the ipad air 2 and the ipad pro has 4 speakers so with the ipad pro i think apple may have fixs this issues that the ipad air 2 has

this may be the 1st ipad i would be able too own since the ipad air 1 ever thing since ipad 1 too ipad air 1 had no sound vibration issues but once the air 2 came out and mini 4 that sound vibration issues started so am really hoping the ipad pro dos not have that issue i want too be able too in joy watching movies playing games or this doing you tubeing with out any sound vibration issues when touching the screen this would be the 1st since the ipad air 1 the air 2 kills it for me with the sound vibration issue it has giveing how thin it is

so what do you guys think about this issue you think this has been fixs on the ipad pro ?

2. Serban Suspended

i think we will having vibrations bec of the power of those 4 speakers in a 6.9mm thick device

3. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

im sure Apple are well aware of this. hopefully the carbon fiber internal casing will absorb any vibration or keep it to a minimum. different frequencies will react differently of course.

4. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

I kinda like the vibrating surround sound experience of my iPad Air 2 ;)

5. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I thought people said they weren't noticing it in the new iPad mini 4?

6. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I hope so - the vibrations are what kept me from buying the Air 2. :(

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

No way to know, it's wait and see. Apple's design choice.
    Correct, not an issue on Mini 4.

8. Mystro, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015

Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

It's physics and unavoidable. Speaker distortion is one thing (the iPad air 2 does not have that ) physical vibration from high volume output is another.
    It's not a negative trait.

9. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Well, yeah it is - if the chassis and screen of the device are too thin and weak to handle said vibration. The Air 2 vibrates and the screen resonates at even TINY volume levels. Its awful and quite the deal killer for many of us. Oh well.

10. newellj macrumors 601

Based on everything we know, this is a definite maybe.

11. urkel macrumors 68030

Right now we're all imagining how we would use a 13" tablet but I think real world usage patterns will have us using it on a desk and making vibration issues less of a "problem".

12. Macalway macrumors 68000

13. jpgr15 macrumors 6502a

Why is this even considered an "issue"? What does it take away from the Air 2?

14. Kal-037 macrumors 6502a

Kal-037

Depends on the day, but usually I live all over.
    IMO, this is actually the silliest complaint about the Air 2. The sound vibration is minimal and not even close to bothersome in any of the times I used it. The iPad Pro will be thin and have louder and bigger speakers, so I assume there will be some vibration, but that's cool as long as the sound is clear and loud. :)

Kal.

15. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

Have you ever felt a high quality speaker cabinet that you couldn't feel vibrations when you touch it??? Vibrations have to permeate the entire device. It's physically impossible to eliminate it when the device is so thin and light weigh.
    The iPad Pro with 4 speakers will vibrate considerably more if its output is as loud as what reviewers report.
    If that's a deal breaker then you are done with any thin tablet with decent speakers for now and ever more. The fact that there isn't any buzzing or secondary audible vibrations from such a high output that these tablets put out is amazing.
    I am a acoustic engineer, I know what I speak.

16. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

just turn the volume down :p

(or at least the high end frequencies in the eq settings)

17. newellj macrumors 601

Totally agree, and a very worthwhile tradeoff for the excellent (if basically mono, there's a limit to what you can do with a device that size) sound from the Air 2 speakers.

18. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Acoustic engineer or not - The Air 2 had extreme vibrations that could be felt on the screen even at low volumes which was quite irritating to a lot of people. Its obvious that the Air 2's paper thin chassis had a lot to do with this. Im not making this up, there were several threads all over the place ragarding this issue. Sure, some folks didnt care. Plenty of folks did care.

And, saying Im "done" with thin tablets? Wrong. My Air 1 does NOT have this problem at all. Its very thin and svelt. The Air 2 is BARELY thinner. Lots of other thin tablets dont have this problem. The fact is that Apple overlooked isolating the speakers better from the chassis and/or the screen. Typing or playing a game with the screen exhibitng physical feedback gets old fast. Its NOT an audible problem...its a physical/feedback problem.

19. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

How could anyone possibly know if it will or not:rolleyes:

20. adampk17 macrumors member

adampk17

Never considered the vibration a problem on my Air 2. In fact, I kinda like it. My friend did mind the vibration and I thought he was being a dink.

21. Cakefish macrumors 6502

Cakefish

I notice the same vibration on my Sony Xperia Z5 Compact phone. I actually kind of like it, gives the impression of powerful speakers. They sound great even at full volume and I can't hear any noticeable distortion so the speakers of the Air 2 get a thumbs up from me.

22. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

Tim Cook have been reading MacRumors forums all the times I am sure he have read people complained about sound vibration.It should be take care of. He wants you to be happy Apple fanboy.

23. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I am replying to this thread on an iPad 2. I use it a lot for various music videos and watching YouTube videos. Since I have some hearing difficulty I generally use it at maximum volume. I have seen no problem with vibration at all.

I believe that the term " for many this is a deal breaker" should actually be "for a few this is a deal breaker."

24. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

The vibration issue only came about with the Air 2 since it took what was an already very thin and light Air and reduced those by a trivial amount but enough to exhibit this vibration behavior. Sure, it's not a deal breaker for lots of people but it was and is a very real issue for those of us that are sensitive to it and or don't use headphones. That's fine, I'm good with my Air anyways. The pro is interesting but I can't justify it.

25. That70sGAdawg macrumors 6502a

That70sGAdawg

N.Georgia, USA (on the Lake, near the Mountains)
    OM goodness! The vibration issue. Ha ha ha. I hope the new iPad is loud and clear - one of the reasons I'll upgrade. NOT an issue with me.