Do you think the iPhone 6s will have the same design?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MusicEnthusiast, May 11, 2015.

1. MusicEnthusiast macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

I want to buy a case in advance for a 6s purchase this October since I found a great sale on Amazon. But I don't want to find out the iPhone 6s will undergo a slight redesign. I am aware that past s models are the same design, but who knows. Ideas?

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

95% certain to be the exact same casing.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

If it will be 6s, then most likely. If not, probably not then. Either way though what we think doesn't really play much of a role as far as what Apple will do.

4. g35 macrumors 6502a

Buy the case, any changes made will probably not affect how it fits. It's more likely to be things like flush rear camera, or thinner white lines on the back.

5. rockitdog Suspended

Some folks have predicted the new iPhone to have a stainless steel casing. Chances are that it will have the same form factor as it has now regardless of what materials it is built with.

6. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Might be made of a stronger grade aluminum or have some internal reinforcement. But I doubt there will be any major design changes

7. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I really hope they're not serious in expecting that. Stainless steal scratches like no tomorrow. I remember my iPod touch 3rd gen, it was scratched after the first 30 minutes of use. Just stick with aluminum. If anything needs to change, just change the finish of the aluminum; like making it a brushed aluminum finish.

8. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

The 6s and 6s+ will have the same design as the 6 and 6+. Just like the 4s did with the 4 and 5s did with the 5. There is no reason to think otherwise. (Same version number = same design)

9. CYKBC macrumors 6502

I'd be surprised if there are changes. Even for a company apple's size that's a ton of cost for little gain. Wallets have spoken and they resolutely, emphatically love the 6 chassis.

10. mush10 macrumors regular

I posted a thread on this before, but I really hope they up the ppi on the 6s at least. It has been a long time with only retina. It absolutely does make a difference. I do not think they need to go Samsung crazy but it needs a bump.

11. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

You know exactly as much as anyone else here. As you said, all the other "s" models have been the same, but no one here is privy to Apple's plans for the future (or if they are, they wouldn't reveal them) so your guess is as good as anyone's.

12. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

99.99% yes ... But ... What case got your attention?

13. Apples n' Stone macrumors 6502a

Apples n' Stone

7000 series aliminium is entirely possible, but this will not alter the form factor.

14. recoil80 macrumors 68000

I expect a very similar design and the same colours since they use silver, space grey and gold for iPads and Macs as well.
    I do expect a name change though. iPhone 6S Plus would be a really bad name for a new product

15. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

How many times does it have to repeat before you realize its a pattern?:)

16. MusicEnthusiast thread starter macrumors 6502

MusicEnthusiast

17. Smartass macrumors 6502a

if they were planning any changes to the design, im sure new cases would pop-up by now

18. byke macrumors 6502a

byke

The iPhone 6 is waaaaaaaay to thick as it is.
    And with the new chips needing even less power, that means the battery doesn't need to be so thick.

Hopefully Jonny will reduce the thickness, like we saw after the iPad air, when the iPad air 2 came out .... and that was all in the space of a year and virtually the same form factor.

Lets hope they can get it down below the 4mm mark.

19. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Sorry but I am hoping that Apple thin cr^p is coming to an end. A little thicker and stronger with a little larger battery and a camera that fit inside the phone would be fine for me!

20. KiXeR macrumors member

KiXeR

Dude that thing will bend while you´re looking at it :D

21. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

I'm thinking he's being sarcastic...

22. rockitdog Suspended

My friend was just telling me how much better his Apple Watch Sport was holding up compared to his wife's stainless steel Apple Watch.

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

Well, at least more than once, meaning that the first time it could really even be considered a pattern was just recently with the 5s.

24. andyw715 macrumors 6502a

They're gonna make a special real gold iPhone 6+ Edition. You won't need a case.