Do you think the iPhone 7 will be the most sold iPhone ever?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Sep 6, 2016.

?

Yes or No ?

1. YES

23 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    67.6%
  1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

I think it will..But mostly because the Plus's camera will be a monster and the color black.
    And many other things including iOS 10 hidden features.

This and the iPhone 8 will be the most sold.
    But I have a feeling the iPhone 8 is going to be the last major surprise left from Apple.
    The 7's camera will be the biggest jump ever. More than the 3GS to 4S.

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Nope. Just not a whole lot of interest like previous iPhone launches.

3. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I think people are realizing that they don't have to have every iPhone each year. I'm skipping this year myself.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't think it will be the most sold iPhone ever, but it will still sell quite well.

5. urkel macrumors 68030

The way these "Most _______ ever" articles go then pretty much anything can get the title if you mangle the category.

"Mac Pro is the highest selling Pro Mac sold in 2016"

"iTunes is the most popular Apple all downloaded"

"iPhone SE is the 3rd most popular new iPhone sold last quarter"

"IOS on more iPhones than Android"

The iPhone 7 will sell just fine. But most ever? Well if someone wants to say the iPhone 7 is the number one sales then it won't be that hard to find a weird niche category where that's actually true.

6. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Anyway this thing is going to out sell previous iPhone due to some new features -improved dual camera,wireless Charing,new colors,waterproof and some who likes to use wireless headphones

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

You are also forgetting that the Note 7 has just been removed as a competitor.

8. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

No chance. There are too many people who are not convinced with the iPhone 7. It looks the same as the 6 and 6s and everyone knows that the 2017 will be the big design change and OLED screens. People will wait.

9. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Correction- there are too many people on Macrumors who are not convinced with the iPhone 7. The general public probably won't be aware of next years redesign and but the phone regardless. Plus a lot of iPhone 6 users contracts will be coming to an end right about now. I suspect you might even be clambering for one after the keynote.

10. Cakefish macrumors 6502

Cakefish

Yes. Because all the people who bought the iPhone 6 will be coming to the end of their 2 year contracts.

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Most iPhone 7 sold ever? No. But I do believe it will do relatively well over the long run. More so if Bluetooth continues to accelerate. I'm upgrading though.

12. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Reports from China says very little interest and that is one reason why they will not have record sales.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/06/chinas-online-chatter-muted-ahead-of-apple-iphone-7-launch.html

13. azentropy macrumors 68000

azentropy

Maybe, but I'd bet it will be the most returned iPhone ever.

14. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

15. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Your posting a report from China regarding an iPhone that isn't even released yet? Since when does a report from China indicate any evidence of this being supported or true? It doesn't. Perhaps a quarterly report from Apple would suffice or an earnings call.

16. CEmajr macrumors 601

No. I believe the iPhone 6/6 Plus was peak iPhone sales. Apple will never have that unique opportunity of pent up demand for larger screens like they did with those models.

17. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

I've purchased every other iPhone since the 3G, and my ATT payment plan ends in a couple of months, but I'm only upgrading because of a broken rear camera...and it'll be to either the SE or 6S, since I need a 3.5mm jack.

New phones just aren't that necessary anymore.

18. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Shouldn't there be a 'maybe' or 'don't know' options to choose in the poll ?

To add balance.

Apple iPhones seem to sell well but I'm sure we'll soon be served up statistics by Apple.

19. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

It's going to sell.. but it's not going to be the biggest one they've sold.. That will most likely be next year's device. Some say the iPhone has hit its peak... I tend to agree based on the last 3 device releases. However, next year you'll see what should be a completely new look.. or possibly old look for Apple in terms of design. At least I'm really hoping that's the case because this year's products seem to be extremely lackluster. Again.. my opinion.. I don't need hate mail here.

20. Beenblacklisted macrumors 6502

Beenblacklisted

what wireless charging?, what waterproofing?

21. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

I think they mean, if those things were in the new device it would be the biggest selling iPhone ever. Cause wireless charging from all accounts isn't in this phone.. and well waterproofing sort of is.. more or less water resistant IPX7.. good start but not exactly waterproof.

22. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

23. I7guy macrumors G5

What phones are waterproof? Not water resistant.

24. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

Listen to how they say it in the keynote..go watch samsung commercials.. WATERPROOF is the keyword used. But people who pay attention know it's water resistant not fully waterproof.