Do you think the iPhone5 will have best in class battery ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Darthdingo, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

Currently the iPhone4 is known as one of the top smartphones as far as battery life goes. But the latest Android phones coming out this year, have really gotten much better in the battery life department, the newest Motorola phones even surpass the iPhone4.

Do you think Apple will put a big effort into leading the smartphone segment with the best in class battery life with the iPhone5 ?

I thought I read something months ago, saying that Apple spent some massive capital on R&D to produce some insane battery tech for future iPhone's ? Blowing away anything currently available. Not sure if that was something for the iPhone6 ?

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

It's possible of course. But no one will know until :apple: announces the next one. Plus the battery life also depends on the user's habits as to how long it will last and the perception of it's ability to last longer than other phones.

3. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Of course it will, Apple always strives for best in class battery life

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

If the ip5 is thinner and lighter then it's going to have to be if there going to surpass the current iPhone.

As for the newer motorola phones if you set it up like for like with the ip4 with wifi on etc etc it dies hours before the iPhone does.

5. johneaston macrumors regular

No. Technically, Apple doesn't have best-in-class anything.

6. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

while i don't think iphones will match the sizes of some batteries out there, i think it will rank among the best in battery life. in my experience, ios seems to run more efficiently than other os's (i've used webos for six months, android for six months, and wp7 for a week).

7. BrHop156 macrumors member

BrHop156

I think they need to work on their touch battery life...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk!