Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you think the iPod Touch has been overlooked

• Yes

Votes: 23 51.1%
  • No

Votes: 22 48.9%

• Total voters

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
With all the hype over the iPhone, do you think Apple/media/public have sort of left the Touch behind a bit?

I think the touch is a far better product to the iPhone, as soon as they release a 32GB option i think/hope it'll sell in huge numers. Is that why it has been overlooked slightly - memory size?

I think the touch suits a lot of people better, most everyone has a phone these days and i like many of my friends have no interest in the iPhone because i want to keep my phone separate from my iPod.

The touch is a cracking product that has almost everything the iPhone has (minus email, i'd say is the major one, which can be hacked quickly).

Anyway, heres hoping for the 32GB option this spring (i don't think it will come at MWSF - rumblings suggest this seems like it's going to be OS X/macbook dominated)

Skilgannon

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2007
To be honest, the Ipod touch without the jailbreak has nothing that can atract me.

One year ago I was researching to see what was the best MP3 player for me, since my CD player was broken a couple of years back then.

I realised (and gonna be kicked because of this) it was Creative Zen M.
Why? Because it had a better screen, FM radio and other small things over the Ipod video. One thing I didn't liked was the small screen (I don't need 60Gb to store Southpark Episodes and my music), so I waited till those PMPs got cheaper.

Then it came the anouncement of the Iphone. I didn't wanted it because of:
a)not available in portugal;
b)too expensive for a 8Gb player and cellphone (600 dollars back then);
c)I want a cellphone and a MP3 separated.

Than the Ipod touch come out... Perfect for what I wanted... Intuitive Album scrolling, widescreen, and it even had web browsing!
But it costed 300 dollars for only 8GB, and I was like... WTF? 8Gb on a widescreen PMP?

Months later saw what other people managed to create (jailbreak and apps) wich convinced me a 16 Gb ipod touch would be heaven.
Gonna buy one after MacWorld.

The only thing I'm jealous about the Iphone is that 2 Mp camera that can be handy to carry anywhere on your pocket...

cheekybobcat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
U-S of A
To be honest, the Ipod touch without the jailbreak has nothing that can atract me.

One year ago I was researching to see what was the best MP3 player for me, since my CD player was broken a couple of years back then.

I decided to upgrade to the iPod Touch after watching the painful experience of my 8-Track burning.
RIP 1970's

aki

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2004
Japan
The iPhone is an industry-changer, but the touch is more a new iPod. So the iPhone gets the most news. But I think the touch is an amazing thing and the iPhone is really only news in countries where you can buy it. In Japan the touch is the big thing. Unless they work hard on the iPhone i don't think it will be as important here as in the USA.

ClassicMac247

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2007
Brick, NJ
I was the first person to have it at my school and everyone was like what the hell is that? Is that an iPhone (I hate that question!). But when they found out it was cheaper and they didnt have to pay at&t they all wanted it and pretty much said screw iPhone. I like the iphone more though. It has better architecture and cooler/stronger design, just needs more memory.:D:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.