Do you think the keyboard is not responsive enough sometimes?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Jun 11, 2012.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I find myself hitting keys multiple times frequently and often think I typed something only to look up and see an incomplete word with letters missing. It is particularly bad on message boards.

I didn't notice it initially but the more proficient I've become with the touch screen keyboard the slower I've noticed it is.

I feel like there should be a way to increase keyboard sensitivity.

2. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Very yes. I've been an ardent critic of the iOS keyboard. Unresponsive and missed keys are just some of the shortcomings of the keyboard. One need only look at the plethora of "Damn You iPhone AutoCorrection!" websites to see this is one area the phone does not "just work."

I'm really hoping iOS 6 changes this...

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Its crazy when I initially got the phone it seemed unbelievably good, it has really gotten old pretty rapidly. I hope iOS 6 gives me that fresh feeling again

4. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Nothing on the keyboard during the iOS 6 keynote.

... I can't believe it. I am really hoping they just didn't feel like mentioning it. I can't believe Apple still thinks the iOS keyboard is acceptable.

5. ValerieDurden macrumors 6502a

6. Mayari macrumors newbie

My issue is the keyboard not always catching up with my keystrokes. So funny - it lags as much as when you'd type on an old ram-starved PC!:p

7. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Isn't that the same thing we're talking about?

8. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I love the iOS keyboard! It's like Nutella when compared to the ICS stock keyboard.

9. sixteen12 macrumors regular

I've never had an issues with the iOS keyboard on the iPad or 4s. I do remember on the 3G it being hilariously unresponsive occasionally.

It could better, but there are much worse keyboards out there.

10. Mayari macrumors newbie

Oh, yeah... didn't read your last sentence. I just notice the keyboard lag - all of the words I type in are complete with no skipped letters (that's pretty odd, though!)