iPad Do you think the new iPad will release right after event (or week later)?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Oct 10, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I haven't followed launches when it comes to iPads. How have they been released in the past following events?

2. Smeaton1724 macrumors 6502a

Smeaton1724

It'll be similar to the iPhone, friday the following week.

3. TheDeviceUser macrumors 6502a

Yep. 8 days after announcement. I wonder when pre-orders will go in though? The day after the announcement may be too much for some people? Could go live on Monday morning?

4. legioxi macrumors 6502a

iPads have always been available in ample quantities around where I live. Possible exception being the first gen which I didn't look into.

Never preordered, just walked into best buy or apple to purchase.

5. masterpace macrumors regular

Assuming Apple is putting 2GB of RAM in the new iPad, I'm pretty sure that they will run out of iPad very quickly. People will rush like crazy just to get one and you might have to camp out a few days before launch just to have a chance to grab one. As far as I'm concerned, I will order the maxed out model the minute it's available online for pre-order. And still, I might not be able to pre-order! You'll see...

6. legioxi macrumors 6502a

The retina 3 wasn't sold out, the mini wasn't sold out, the retina mini wasn't sold out (along with the less notable bumps). Doubtful it'll be sold out. iPads are not as popular as iPhones and people don't seem to upgrade as often. Yes 2GB of ram will be awesome but so were the other bumps.

7. puma1552 macrumors 601

Why bother buying it on launch day when launch day is so close to black friday? Just buy from Apple 14 days before black Friday, then you can still get the price adjustment/refund on black friday.

November 14th looks like buy day for me, if I choose to upgrade.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Will Apple discount the new iPads just 1 month after release?

9. puma1552 macrumors 601

Yes. I bought my iPad 4 this way. Bought it two weeks before black friday at the apple store (just walked in and bought it), then on black friday around noon when i got out of bed i waltzed back to the apple store and just asked if i could get the black friday discount refunded since i was still within my return window, i was in and out in five minutes.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Wow interesting!

Discounting a new product less than 1 month after release.. I remember Apple used to never discount anything!