Do you think the new upcoming mac mini will cost the same?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by Che Castro, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

What do they usually do,is it like the iPhone where they make last years model $100 less?
    Or do they discontinue the previous model right away

That $600 base price is what i need

2. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

All of last years models are moved to the refurb store where they sell them for about 22% off (15% off for refurb and another 7 for being the previous years model). You will never find a previous model for sale in apple's normal store.

3. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

once the new models of mini come out then the '11 (Current ) ones will drop to $519 unless apple decides to lower '12 unit $$ outta the gate...

4. blanka macrumors 68000

Apple will either come with a smaller Ivy Bridge dual core mini with HD4000 and SSD at the same price, or at 499 if it still has a HD.
    OR
    Apple will merge it with the pro, make the whole a little larger, come with a high Ghz quad core i7 and discrete graphics, but then the price will go to 999 or higher.
    OR
    They make both models above.

And all of this NOT before 2013. They are busy with iPhones and iMacs till the end of the year.

5. Poki macrumors 6502a

Poki

And you think they don't have enough money to hire one nerd to replace the CPU in the Mini with a newer one? :rolleyes:

Don't think they build a SSD as standard in the base model, but that probably all comes down to HDD and SSD prices when they release the Mini.

My bet is on the end of october, as this date has been used quite some times to update Macs.

6. CtotheP macrumors regular

Makes no sense because they originally came out w/ the Mini as an affordable solution at $499. They need to drop the base price to $499/$599 and then offer upgrades.

7. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

The next Mini will probably be $500, as this was its initial price when the family was created.