Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lulla01, Oct 8, 2008.
I'm pretty confident in a new product release.
Voted no. I bet in November.
I'm wondering why there is another thread on this subject when there is a dozen already posted ones.
Unfortunately no to the 14th as there is just too little evidence given how close to the date we are.
I believe that the update will occur in November, as well.
And then it will be December, and then January, and then...
No. It will either be in October or November. All signs seem to indicate that this will be the case. Also, supplies of the old models are almost completely gone.
There were no invites today, which makes it unlikely that we will see them in the next week. Note, that it is still possible, but in my opinion it is likely not going to happen.
It is looking more and more likely that it will happen in November. I'm guessing that it will either be the last week of October or the first week of November, at the latest.
A few people said they checked their local Apple Store and they were out of MBs and MBPs. While I could see some of the other retailers not carrying inventory because of rumors, I don't believe an Apple Store would simply stop carrying MBs for the same reason. If they're anything like most major retailers, they have an automatic shipping system that orders or reorders products as they get low, and as of right now, a MBP can be shipped in 24 hrs (2-3 days if custom). There should be very little reason for a company to not carry more than one of its few product lines at all times. While it may be true that the employees don't get any company info and search different sites like we do, I don't believe they would hold off on ordering unless the company says to or just stops shipping to them.
My money is on Friday Oct 17.
Because the phrase "history repeats itself" applies to MR as well as the rest of the world
Iffy. Half of me says yes, and the other half says no.
+1. I'll vote though.
We needed to make it a baker's dozen.
Some people just don't get it..
I think there will be, but have a 5-7 day shipping delay at least!
Really want a new MBP
I hope they're available on launch day. It'll be a long road trip to hit an Apple store, but I'm ready to leave on launch day to buy one at the Apple store if they're available.
I hope they are too, but i really cant see it happening.
I wana get a full spec 15.4 MBP with standard RAM (cause im not paying stupid money) that i can upgrade asap! If its a launch on the day i hope its world wide cause then i can drive for an hour to get mine
There will be tons of new products on 10/14, but probably not from Apple. There's still no invitation for the event, it's still not known whether this event will happen, so the chances are slim. In the past, they've only once have been later with the announcement and media-invitations (2005).
And with all this economic uncertainties, who knows which strategy will Apple choose right now to introduce its new products. Maybe it's just a wrong moment to introduce whatsoever. Maybe they'll choose to wait and see: there probably would be no or minimal press coverage at the moment. All media are obsessed by other things right now.
this thread is very inaccurate considering that most of the posts were here before any of the macbook pictures were released....
The possibility is much greater now, the new info just keeps flowing in
And so whats your point? Apple almost never has events for notebook releases. The Air being the only real exception in recent years....the unveiling of the new MacBook line was done w/ a silent launch.
On top of the fact what would be at the event?
"Oh we have these laptops...and they look a little different...see bigger trackpad...oh! and these nifty keyboards...yeah...thats all...thanks for coming..."
??? Maybe that is what they'll say, apparently there was an event... :-!
Well... Invitations, event, new products, new MacBooks after all.
Ha! I knew it!
Yes, there will be new MacBooks and MacBook Pros.