do you think there will be the Design change for the next MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gonnabuyamacbsh, Oct 24, 2010.

1. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502

there are already a lot of threads discussing the spec upgrade and whether or not it'll have optical drive, etc. but I wanted to discuss whether or not apple will change the physical design or not.

have never owned a macbook pro and actually was a serious apple hater until a friend came home with a 13" mbp and to my horror I actually fell in love. Already seems perfect to me but I'm sure apple can find a way to make it even better. my ****** 5 yr old dell inspiron has served me well but it's too much of a hassle and to keep running well so I'll be picking up a mbp 13" come january or april of 2011. need to save up too

do you guys think it'll have a wedge design similar to the mba?
    do you think it'll stay the same? it's been the same for a while now

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The current Unibody MBP design is just a bit over two years old, the previous PowerBook/MBP design stayed with us for five and a half years, thus we might not see a radical redesign yet or that soon. And the thickness of the MBPs is determined by the Ethernet jack, as it is currently the thickest port.

3. gonnabuyamacbsh thread starter macrumors 6502

I wonder if there's any chance they would change or offer a different color. if they offered a darker possibly gun metal black version that would be awesome.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

When Apple does remove the optical drive, I'm betting they will go ahead and change the design a little at that point. Perhaps a tapered model ala macbook air. Who knows when that will happen.

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

No. I'm guessing it'll stay with us for another 4 years.