Do you think there's any truth in the AirPod bundle?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ScottButler, Oct 21, 2016.

1. ScottButler, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016

ScottButler macrumors member

ScottButler

Personally I don't think this is something Apple would do but...

Does anyone remember the 'leak' a few months ago of an iPhone box and on the back it listed AirPods inside?

Could there be any truth to this since they are pushing a wireless future with the iPhone 7 and could appear at the October 27th event? or would this be something that would have been announced at the iPhone event if it was happening?

In keeping with Apple, I think the more likely scenario is to sell them solely as an accessory as planned. Rather than just up the price of a bundle.

UPDATE: I found and attached the packaging I was talking about.

Attached Files:

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

What bundle are you talking about?

AirPods are real, clearly, but I don't know what you're specifically trying to say here.

3. aristobrat macrumors G5

There was a Mr. BlurryCam picture of an iPhone 7 box that stated that the AirPods were included inside (of that box, not in a separate box).

4. njek macrumors newbie

Nope, no hope at all - iPhones are packaged with the same accessories the world over. Apple wouldn't package some with AirPods and some with EarPods

5. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

Didn't previous iphone models in European come with a USB to Lightning adapters in the box? Or where they just sold as a separate device.

I know at one point you couldn't get them in the US.

6. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

That's not exactly true. There are different chargers packed in the box depending on where in the world the phone is sold and some countries no longer get a SIM removal tool. I agree that you are unlikely to see the AirPods included as a standard in-the-box option though.

7. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that is right, different prongs on the adapters depending on which country you are in.

8. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

The faked packaging in question was also based on the iPad Pro label printing style (i.e. very light Myriad Pro, aligned centre, large fonts) which never materialised with the real iPhone 7 packaging which moved to San Fransisco, and stuck with the classic justified/left alignment.

So yes, it was just a fake. Nothing more. No evidence of an AirPods bundle yet.

9. RiddlaBronc macrumors 6502a

RiddlaBronc

In the future, yes. Apple will include them with iphones. For now, they will try to milk them out by selling them seperately.

10. noobinator macrumors 601

11. HEK, Oct 21, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2016

HEK Suspended

HEK

Sim removal tools are sold in packs of 100, 250, and 500 at office supply stores worldwide. When not bent into Sim removal tool, they can also be used to hold sheets of paper together temporarily.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

That picture has Hungarian writing. I have no idea how they generally release these things there but it's possible it's a bundle for the country. Although I think the phone has already been released there. Then again, maybe they release a bundle when the isrpods finally launch (at an increased price of course)

13. viettanium macrumors regular

14. nia820 macrumors 68000

nia820

Maybe with iPhone 8 they'll do this but definitely not with iPhone 7. They're charging 159 bucks for those airpods. Apple isn't giving them away for free.