do you think this was a good buy? macbook pro 13 content

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by langis.elbasunu, Jan 13, 2011.

1. langis.elbasunu macrumors regular

langis.elbasunu

i just bought a used mid09 macbook pro 13 from craigslist for 550. its basically mint with a fresh install of snow leopard. came with original everything.

2gb
    160hdd

i will upgrade it to 8gb ram and 500gb HDD soon

2. farmermac macrumors 6502a

3. Peterpot macrumors member

Peterpot

Wow that's crazy, those are american dollars I'm guessing? I just bought the same thing, except not quite in mint condition, and it cost me $650 Canadian. And I thought I was getting an awesome deal since I saw the exact same laptop being sold for $800 on ebay :eek:

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

That was a great buy I just sold mine last week on Craigslist for $1200 it was a 13" Mid 2009:

8GB RAM
    500 GB Seagate Momentus XT Hybrid

Also included an extra magsafe cord, all software it came with and a legal license of MS Office 08 that didn't cost me anything.

5. langis.elbasunu thread starter macrumors regular

langis.elbasunu

cool....i thought i was a good deal. i figure the ram upgrade will be 100 and the HDD another 100 so that should me at about 750 which is for a seriously stacked computer. i dont do any video editing (aside from imovie) but i do a ton of audio work. my old SR 2.2 used to start cooking after a while. this thing doesnt even warm up.

6. Peterpot macrumors member

Peterpot

I'm considering either doing what you have done (upgrade the hard drive and ram, if it's worth it) OR selling it for around $500 in a couple months once the new macbook pros are released. That way the computer will only have cost me $150.

I don't know much about upgrading the ram and hard drive though, is it hard to do?

7. langis.elbasunu thread starter macrumors regular

langis.elbasunu

pretty easy if youre good with parts.

8. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

That's a steal! Upgrade the RAM and hard drive and you will have one mean value machine!

9. langis.elbasunu thread starter macrumors regular

langis.elbasunu

lol...epic signature dude!

10. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Also, if you do turn around and sell it, you could possibly get your money back for the RAM and Drive upgrade, or darn close to it.

You got a sweet deal on that computer, that's for sure.

11. kyriostrife macrumors member

wow that's an awesome deal. I wish I could come across something like that. I've been craigslist hunting all week and keep coming up short. Too many people with ridiculously high prices for really old models.