Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMattcotv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
I just thought of an idea.. Its not the nicest thing to do, but:

To save money and keep up with the upgrade process, do you think I would get away with this idea?

I would buy an iPad 2, sell it 2 weeks before the iPad 3 announcement for full retail price, once sold, buy the iPad 2 again and continue using it but return it before the 30 day return policy ends, then buy the iPad 3 and repeat the process?

romeo.xk

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2009
And why will anyone pay you full retail price for an item that has been used for one year when they can just go to an apple store and get it new for the same price?

Oh yeah, I have an iPad that I would love to sale to you, and I will give you a deal since the iPad 2 was announced... How does $800 for an 64gb, 3G iPad sounds?

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
I just thought of an idea.. Its not the nicest thing to do, but:

To save money and keep up with the upgrade process, do you think I would get away with this idea?

I would buy an iPad 2, sell it 2 weeks before the iPad 3 announcement for full retail price, once sold, buy the iPad 2 again and continue using it but return it before the 30 day return policy ends, then buy the iPad 3 and repeat the process?

There are many, many problems with your master plan.

Put in a few hours of o/t at work and just buy the thing outright.

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
Or buy iPad 2, when iPad 3 is announced sell it for 75% of what you paid for it, buy iPad 3 and repeat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.