Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
Right, so am I

I like this whole 'email of death' thing going.

I'm sure they would smile over this.

Its really not though. Its never been considered email of death...until today. I used to look forward to seeing this email before launches.

----------

I just read that apparently Angela responded to someones email. Just four words:

"Let them eat cake!"

What does it mean? :confused:

Slay girlfriend!!! :D:D:D:D Its her version of SJ's get a life....if she even said that.

Last edited:

uiop.

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
This needs to be a .gif and needs to be posted in every thread ever.

wix85u.jpg

dman96

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2015
I cannot wait to see these forums in September-October, when everyone finally has their watch. We'll all have a good laugh together when we realize how NOT big of a deal this actually was.

If we take a step back and actually observe what these 300+ forum pages are all about, we can observe that all of us did not pay any extra money to pre order these devices exclusively, or get them on the day guaranteed. We just set an alarm and got up a little bit earlier than usual to click purchase.

Imagine having to roll out a new product for the first time since the father of the wealthiest company in the world passed away. By the time the next one is released, they'll have it much more solid. I know we all want what we paid for ASAP, because it's without a doubt the most advanced pieces of artistry and affordable, wearable, technology that our modern society has seen to date. If they were shipping out 2,000,000 pre-ordered chocolate bars and they were delayed on them, I would be a bit confused. But we're talking about mass producing, packaging, personalizing, and shipping thousands, if not millions of mini computers.

We should be thankful that there are people out there intelligent and willing enough to create such devices, and provide them to the millions of us who will gladly throw our money at them, instead of being nervous because we could potentially get it a little later than promised. Patience. Patience. Show some respect for this company, they're working their a**es off and have been for 3 years on this revolutionary wearable that will throw android into the dirt.

Peace, Love, :apple:

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
Much like we are? On one hand, I'd have to imagine yes, but on the other, do they really care? They're already rich.

Reports say they sold 2.3M, and the average ticket price is probably ~$550, so thats north of $1.25B into apple's vaults opening weekend. I would guess they are sleeping very contently.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
I just read that apparently Angela responded to someones email. Just four words:

"Let them eat cake!"

What does it mean? :confused:

It means nothing.

Naive and uneducated people improperly associate that quote to Marie Antoinette and some sort of class warfare. She never say it. It was a made up line from a writer when Marie was 14 and not even in France at the time.

McDaddio

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2014
get them on the day guaranteed.

What are you talking about?
Where was there ever a guarantee of when you would get the product?

People really need to chill and stop with this entitlement mentality.

You will get your watch in the window that they originally specified, and the first window is April 24th - May 8th.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.