Do you think USB-C will become a new standard?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JustinBW, Mar 9, 2015.

1. JustinBW macrumors member

Like many of you, I've read up on the new MacBook.

Do you think USB-C will become a new 'standard?' As in, we will start seeing multiple manufacturers and devices coming in this format?

You think we'll start seeing USB-C flash drives and external storage or will new MB users be tethered to that adaptor/dongle?

2. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

I just wrote a comment about this on the main MacBook article thread for today. I definitely think we could see USB C become the standard mobile connection which governments are pushing for to reduce wastage. At the end of the day, it isn't an Apple technology so they can't stop competitors using it. Apple should bring USB C to the iPhone and iPad in the next generations, then slowly the market should switch to that as the standard connector. Imagine a world where you can use anybody's charger to charge your phone, laptop...anything!

3. JustinBW thread starter macrumors member

That's what I'm hoping for!

4. cfedu macrumors 65816

cfedu

USB-C is a new Standard, and will probably be adopted by most phone manufactures in the near future. I can see Type C becoming for widespread than thunderbolt in no time.

5. MaulRx Suspended

6. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Yes, I'm confident USB Type-C will eventually replace the current USB standard due to the advantages it offers over Type-A.