do you think VEVO on apple TV can cannibalize itunes store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TreRep, Aug 27, 2013.

1. TreRep macrumors regular

TreRep

i am using VEVO since today in my appleTV

don't you think VEVO can cannibalize the itunes store (music)?

in my casefor example i will not buy itunes music this week.. i will have my playlist in VEVO with my apple tv connected to my 55 LED HD TV with my yamaha 7.1

if vevo was not to apple tv i had to buy....:)

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Just a couple of days I was wondering, "who on earth would pay $2.60 [I think it's $2 in the US] for a 480p music video on iTunes, when you can watch in 1080p on YouTube for free?"

In my opinion, Apple should bring back free music videos (they had them back when iTMS first launched but started charging for them when the first video-capable iPod came out).

3. iThinksimple macrumors member

iThinksimple

couldn't agree more with you, i've never buy music video on iTunes, since Youtube provide better music video quality,

4. Frank Crossman macrumors newbie

VEVO comment

I couldn't be happier with this addition to Apple TV. I thoroughly enjoyed the links to the Tedeschi-Trucks band and I completed my acquisitions of music from their three albums on iTunes as a result of watching some of their commentary of songs on these albums and videos from the albums. I really love the VEVO addition to Apple TV, iPad and iPhone. As someone who would find ways to download low res versions of these videos, it is so much better to be able to view these videos in full res, any time you want to. Thank you VEVO!