Do You Think/Want the iPhone 5 will be Longer in Width?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mumty, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Mumty macrumors newbie

Width as in along the bottom, do you think it will get longer or stay the same? I love the iP4 width, a perfect size for my hand, I honestly think a width increase would not fit my hand as good and make it seem like a mini iPad.

So do you want a longer width for an iPhone 5, or you happy the way it is?

2. rsvrfactory macrumors member

It will be wider, but slightly shorter and thinner.

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

All the evidence is pointing to a ip4s which is the same size as the ip4 so you don't have to worry now about it being wider.

4. brodas macrumors regular

I think the 5 will be longer and wider just like the cases from china

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I don't know what it will be but I like the size of the iPhone 4. I do have some trouble with the keyboard sometimes and press the wrong letters but I don't think it will be comfortable for me to hold if it was bigger. Not long now and we'll find out

6. Shockwave78 macrumors 65816

Shockwave78

Well as it was said before all these new larger iphone cases showing up...

1. The iphone 4 in its current size could support a 4" screen if apple went to the bezel and then top and bottom put closer to the home buttom and ear piece.

2. With that taken into consideration i have no doubt the iphone 5 will be either a 4.2/4.3 or 4.5" screen. They made the phone itself bigger and this is huge if they combine this with putting the screen closer to the earpiece/home button.

I can very much see apple saying "we only increased the size of the phone a 1/4" length and width but gain 1" of screen size resulting in a 4.5" screen."