Do you think we can expect new Airs by July?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MauerFan, May 30, 2012.

1. MauerFan macrumors regular

I've been going back and forth about whether I should wait to get an Air or wait. I don't need it yet, but I don't know how long I can wait. I don't want to make the stupid mistake of buying on impulse, but can we reasonably expect a refresh this summer?

2. jgc macrumors regular

It depends how badly you need it atm. I've also been considering not waiting and just buying a refurb and saving some money, but I'd hate to be disappointed if in a month, some great changes came. My current PC is still holding together (barely...) and I bought a refurb iPad 2 to hold me over, so I'm hanging on for now...

I don't think anybody can give a definitive answer, but I think there's a good enough chance that the MBAs could come that you should wait if you can. If you have other devices that can act as a substitute for a few more months, be patient. I think once WWDC rolls around (less than two weeks) there is a chance we'll hear more. Wait til then at the very least. If you can't, the $200 savings on a refurb should make you happy enough!

3. caligomez macrumors regular

caligomez

Just wait it out.. You've made it this far, right?! :)

Apple's got to be hurting right now, as people are waiting for a refresh on all Mac models.. My guess is sales are behind (year over year) so it can't be longer than July until every model is refreshed.

What's two more months? ;)

4. Mjmar macrumors 65816

5. dkersten, May 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 30, 2012

dkersten macrumors 6502a

From other threads you have started, you said that you won't need a laptop until college starts (freshman in economics if memory serves me correct). Therefore you won't need to order a laptop until early August. I would wait until at least then before you buy something.

I think that Apple will try to due everything in its power to get all the laptop models updated before their back to school promotion so they can have a huge financial quarter.

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you being an incoming freshman so I'll be waiting patiently this summer to get the Air. At the very least, wait until WWDC, which is in a week or two (not sure the exact days). We might get an announcement then.

Edit: Take this with a grain of salt but...
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1377388

Also, take a look at this:
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/31/intel-dual-core-ivy-bridge/?m=false
    The processors that the Airs will most likely run on are in there I believe

6. Kyllle macrumors 6502

I think mbp will be in June at wwdc, then airs in July, and maybe iMacs in October or something. Who knows when Mac pros will ever come.