Do you think we will get custom sounds anytime soon?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dontwalkhand, Dec 10, 2016.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I love the Tri-Tone, and I love Marimba, it's classic Apple. Reminds me of the old iPod and non unibody Mac days.

When I pair my Apple Watch, the Watch doesn't allow the phone to ring at the same time.

I'd love a way to be able to change the default Apple Watch ringtones.

2. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

And it is one of the dumbest options I can possibly imagine. In fact, if you try and use Apple Maps you can no longer even get turn by turn voice directions. All you get is "taps" on the watch for left and right turns. Really DUMB not to even have an OPTION to get tones/notifications and/or voice on one or the other or both devices. It's nice how Apple determines what I SHOULD do.

3. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

My iPhone rings its normal ringtone and the watch rings the standard watch ring. When connected to my cars bluetooth I get voice instructions and the taps on the watch.

4. George Dawes macrumors 6502

George Dawes

soon as they figure out another way of swindling more $$$ out of us gullible idiots

5. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Last I Heard Apple was a business not a benevelant society, also no one and I mean no one forces you to buy a single product or service apple sells.

6. George Dawes, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016

George Dawes macrumors 6502

George Dawes

Just a shame they can't do it with a mite more subtlety

Or would that go over your heads ?

There are plenty of ways of maximising your profits while still keeping a loyal fanbase

Something Apple once was SO good at...

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

I'd like to know your secret because there are many threads on Apple Support as well as my own experience that it doesn't do that as well as a couple other threads here. I also was at a genius bar and they confirmed and I called phone support and they confirmed as well. Apple's support statement is that it does not work that way. I'd like to know what configuration you are using since your results goes against how Apple says it works.

Also when you are NOT connected to car's BT (just carrying phone and wearing watch) do you get normal notifications on both devices?

8. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

No special config. Now Im thinking I may have over simplified my response. First off I don't use navigation outside of bluetooth in my car so I can't speak to that. Second the only sound I was referring to was the actual ringtone for calls. My iPhone rings and the watch rings. Other notifications do not come through the phone unless its in use.

9. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

Yeah it does. Just don't answer the watch right away.

10. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I should have been more clearer, I mean't for text messages, other notifications etc.

11. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Sounds like most of these gullible individuals are fairly happy with their Apple Watches and other Apple devices for that matter.

12. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I mainly get the notifications only on my watch. I do get the feedback on the watch and turn-by-turn voice information in my truck using either bluetooth or carplay. It is annoying, having the watch should not change the functionality of the phone, unless the user chooses it to be so.