Do you think we will see a black MacBook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dontwalkhand, Nov 3, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I love the new colors of the iPhone and iPad, specifically the black, I would love to see this color apply to a MacBook Pro. I think Apple should offer one in that color, as well as even the iMac in that color....not only would it keep consistency in the product line, but it would look amazing!

2. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

It's not a bad idea, but I think the traditional MacBook Pro is going to be dropped here in the next 1-2 years, as soon as Apple can get the Retina displays down to a reasonable cost. Perhaps that takes longer than a couple of years, but I doubt they do anything with the cMBP other than just internal hardware refreshes every year if they're planning on dropping it soon.

That doesn't mean they can't do a black rMBP.

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

4. JCstudios macrumors member

I would love to see that happen. Its been a while since the last Black mac laptop.

5. skaertus macrumors 68030

skaertus

6. yano729 macrumors member

I still use my late 2006 c2c black macbook. I honestly don't see what the big problem is by having a black option. If apple really wanted this done, they could do it not big problem. The old black book soaks up body oils as well, so it couldn't have been that big of a hindrance if those were released and everyone seems to have a pretty impression of it.

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

What is the business case for the extra costs? How many more machines would Apple sell in black that they would not sell in aluminum?

I would be the answer is.....not enough.

8. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I have no idea but I sure did love my black MacBook. I actually hated handing that one on when I got an MBP.

The thing is, one of the things I loved about the blackjack was the user-replaceable battery. I don't think Apple is going back to batteries like that because of the thickness, and the expense to make a compartment for it that's safe for users to deal with. I mean look at the teardowns of the MBPs and MBAs, the batts are like wafers laminated in there or something.