Do you think we'll see any icon redesigns before iOS 7 gets publicly released?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ra4oasis, Jul 21, 2013.

?

Do you think we'll see any icon redesigns before iOS 7 gets publicly released?

Poll closed Aug 11, 2013.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    19.5%
  2. No

66 vote(s)
    80.5%
  1. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

Pretty simple, do you think we'll see any of the icons get redesigned while iOS 7 is still in beta?

2. MattJessop macrumors regular

MattJessop

Doubt it, there doesn't seem to be any changes in any of the betas so far - unless they're waiting for the actual release. There's a few (safari, I'm looking at you) that I'd like to see changed, but other than that I'm fairly happy with the current set. It's not like the previous ones were 100% great. Cough newstand.

3. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

It pained me to click it, but 'No'. Apple likes to stick to their mistakes when they make them, which is rare. I know some people like the icons, but they seem to be a minority. Of course this is just speculation, and I have no stats to back it up.

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Icons are cosmetic. They may change some of them by the last Beta who knows. If they don't I'm fine with the way they are.

5. bobbba macrumors regular

The icons are great so I don't see why they would.

6. gomoq13 macrumors 6502

gomoq13

I now feel whether it's the old or new look, the icon designs don't really matter to me. Saw some screenshots of jailbroken phones' home screens. Seems like if the app icon sizes are decreased (maybe by 25%), it does look more attractive. Well, at least to me. Don't see that happening, though. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

7. richard6r macrumors regular

I voted no but I personally think a lot of people dislike the safari icon :p

8. ra4oasis thread starter macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

If they changed the Safari icon, that would make most of us very happy (just take off the white around the outside).

I honestly don't see them changing anything if we don't see changes in beta 4. Apple has heard complaining since beta 1, which came out what, 6 weeks ago? And so far, nothing has changed. So if we don't see changes in beta 4, I wouldn't expect changes at all.

9. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I'm amazed that the icons are still bothering folks that much. They are just icons. I originally complained about them, but I am now used to each and every one of the new icons. While I may not love them, I surely don't hate them.

I don't see Apple shying away from the icons and time soon. Seems like they are aiming for a more colorful/fun iOS this time around, which I look forward to.

10. Paragonal17 macrumors newbie

I don't think Apple will change the icons. There might be some minor tweaks (didn't they do something to the gradient of the mail app from beta 1 to beta 2 or something?) But overall, they will probably be the same.

11. Mikhailov macrumors regular

I just wish they would change the dock. I hate the new flat dock.

12. sonicrobby, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013

sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

I dont think they will resigned much for the final release. Usually they have the whole OS planned, and is like they demonstrated at the WWDC. Usually the betas are all about perfecting the function of the device, not so much the appearance.

With iOS 7 being built from the ground up, the features and stability of the OS seem much more important to them than the appearance.

13. ChrisWard1994 macrumors member

ChrisWard1994

Apple patented most if not all ios 7 icons now so cant see any changes

14. tigertazz macrumors 6502

tigertazz

Although its probably one of the simpler aspects of the OS to change, I agree with the majority here and say that it's unlikely that :apple: will change the design.

It would be nice though if the icons could adopt a layer of transparancy as well. e.g the white border of safari becomes transparent, thus keeping the same fingerprint of the icon but without the distracting border. I think that with that dev's could have some fun with app icon designs without breaking the grid system.

15. larry918 macrumors regular

Probably not, but again - we can never be for sure. This is the first time in the history of iOS that Apple has introduced a radical, controversial change to the UI that a large majority of the public dislike. iOS 7 videos and photos are already official on Apple's website and I see no chance that Apple will change them. Maybe in a future release; eg. iOS 7.1

16. Gogurt48 macrumors 6502a

Gogurt48

You mean trademarked. Icons aren't patentable subject matter. But I wouldn't read too much into those trademark filings. They cost very little, and Apple routinely trademarks lots of stuff. If they decide to revamp the icons they'll just trademark the new ones, too.

17. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

I did that:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1611322

You can even use it as a link to Safari in iOS 7. I put that in the thread as well.
    Enjoy!